WildeChilde

Transcend Your Ego With Music

5 posts in this topic

Hi Leo please consider a video on the topic of music.  There are a number of ways you could approach this.  Just to name a few, you could talk about music and:

-it's usage in the ancient religious/spiritual traditions (Hinduism, Roman Catholicism, Buddhism, etc.)

-it's usage in modern-day spiritual practices and trends (ayahuasca ceremonies, holotropic breathwork sessions, dynamic meditation, etc.)

-how it takes on a greater significance through different psychedelics (enhanced by psilocybin, San Pedro, peyote, etc.)

-how to incorporate it into meditation, yoga, dance, contemplation, etc.

-how it affects brainwave activity 

-which genres are best for spiritual growth

-the benefits of learn an instrument for long-term mental health and as an expression of one's creativity  https://www.inc.com/john-rampton/the-benefits-of-playing-music-help-your-brain-more.html

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

I dance In my room to random music on YouTube almost daily now, and I'm usually a lot more creative. Also sometimes I imagine a intense scene from a movie, while dancing, and while listening, and its really powerful. If you've ever watched a really good movie and had that connection, its occasionally like that, probably the main reason I dance in the first place.

@WildeChilde Funny enough, I had an awakening when I was singing. I was blasting New Divide by Linkin Park in the car. It was night outside and my friend was driving very fast.

I was singing at the top of my lungs and noticed that I was hiting even the very notes perfectly. On a very high note, close to the climax of the song,  I felt like I was going into a state of union unknowingly. I felt like the song was singing itself. My whole head was vibrating weirdly. My body became very relaxed all of a sudden. I could feel my awareness expand into my surroundings and felt bliss coming all over me. I was like a full cup of water that was spilling all over. It was very hard to take in that much pleasure, plus the fact that I never felt like that in my life and blindsided me totally.

It was a kind of orgasm that I hadn't experienced before. I thought about it for two days straight after that.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

@Jamie Universe That sounds like fun actually.  And I agree; sometimes when you combine the right music with another art form, it almost doubles its profundity.  I used to do ballroom dancing, and when you're with the right girl, with the right song, and the right style, it's just...:).

@Dan Arnautu Thanks for sharing your awakening experience through singing.  Speaking of which, Sadhguru had an experience as well not to long ago through singing.  

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

On 3/23/2018 at 1:15 AM, Dan Arnautu said:

@WildeChilde Funny enough, I had an awakening when I was singing. I was blasting New Divide by Linkin Park in the car. It was night outside and my friend was driving very fast.

I was singing at the top of my lungs and noticed that I was hiting even the very notes perfectly. On a very high note, close to the climax of the song,  I felt like I was going into a state of union unknowingly. I felt like the song was singing itself. My whole head was vibrating weirdly. My body became very relaxed all of a sudden. I could feel my awareness expand into my surroundings and felt bliss coming all over me. I was like a full cup of water that was spilling all over. It was very hard to take in that much pleasure, plus the fact that I never felt like that in my life and blindsided me totally.

It was a kind of orgasm that I hadn't experienced before. I thought about it for two days straight after that.

Of all the songs lol

love it hahaha