Tearos

Spreading Self-Actualization

12 posts in this topic

Hello!

What does it take to convince/motivate others to Self-Actualize?

I have heard excuses like "But Fred, I don't want to do that, because then I'll realize what my problems are and that will make me miserable. I'm already happy as I am!".

Is it necessary to help others to Self-Actualize if they don't want to?

Thank you in advance,

Tearos/Fred

You should certainly not force anyone to self-actualize. That is like forcing kids to eat vegetables. It will only make them dislike it more because they are forced to do something.

Instead just be a good example yourself and if anyone asks or you want to talk about it make self-actulization sound exciting. You can also recommend specific tecniques to people if you feel like they fit the persons problems and style.

@Maxi

I understand. It makes sense to me now why the majority of students doesn't like school.

Encourage people to be more happy and follow what they want to do more. Encourage to do think and be in a way that makes them happier

I've found most people get very defensive and closed minded about self actualization. Most people are unwilling to even consider they lack free will - which is an entry level realization on the path.

Living this life has it's challenges. My gf recently told me I lack opinions and that I don't take a stand for something that I believe in.  . . . Well, yea. . . I have preferences, yet opinions and beliefs are conditioned thoughts that are part of the character's story. They limit a person to one perspective. . . . I was then lectured on how her beliefs motivate her to advocate for people in need and do not limit her. . .

We're both right and both wrong. Two of an infinite number of perspectives. Yet, I find it tiresome at times interacting with people locked into one perspective.

Prease don't doozat, Tearos.

Actualize yourself first— that should keep you busy for the next 20~30 years.

After that, you will have learned the meaning of wisdom is easy, not using it is hard.

ed note: address response to Tearos

Edited by deci belle

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa

@Serotoninluv Other people and circumstances are our challenges. We can either rise above it or fall bellow them. Its up to us if we want to try.

1 hour ago, Ether said:

@Serotoninluv Other people and circumstances are our challenges. We can either rise above it or fall bellow them. Its up to us if we want to try.

And that is a perspective as well. 

Another perspective would be that there are are no levels to rise above or fall below. 

@deci belle

It is my Life Purpose to both Self-Actualize and help others do the same. There is a shift in human evolution that is about to happen. We are moving from the Neurotic era to the Self-Actualized era where more and more people becomes happy and reach their fullest potential. That way these people spend their time pursuing their Life Purpose about changing the world for the better. I unofficially call this "The Happiness Revolution".  We who know about these principles about Self-Actualization have the responsibilty to spread this information. Something magical and magnificent is about to happen. Are you ready? Or more importantly, are you going to be a part of it?

4 hours ago, Ether said:

@Serotoninluv Of course but what isnt a perspective? Would you rather always feel depressed? I dont.

I've found attachment to any particular perspective leads to suffering.

@Serotoninluv i think no free will is an advanced concept. when ur starting out, ingraining 100% responsibility would be more useful