Amit

How to deal with stress at work?

8 posts in this topic

I was doing a job where I had to take a lot of mental stress regularly and it was deteriorating my health. I finally crashed and quit. But is there a healthy way to feel relaxed at workplace and enjoy it.

Also I was doing  nofap but due to high stress, I couldn't continue. How to deal with stress during nofap??

There is a lot of ways to deal with it. Finding the exact reasons why, what method works for you, etc. 

For me it has been working great when I use breathing techniques like: inhale while counting to 3, exhale while counting to 3 for the same exact amount of time, wait also while counting to 3 for the same exact amount of time. Not using 3 seconds as different times work for different situations and people. There is also 4,7,8 seconds technique, but the first one works better for me. 

Edited by frnsh

@Amit Try meditating before you go to work. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

I know this loop of "stressful work > masturbation > stressful work > eating junk food" so well. For me the solution was to change my job. I don't know any short term solution that will work for you until you can switch your job to something more healthy, OTHER THAN mindfullness practice. It can be very helpful if applied throughout whole time you work. From the beginning to an end.

And don't beat yourself up, there's no point in that. In the end it just worsens the condition. I have fallen into this trap many times, please don't repeat my mistakes.

How you manage your time is important, can you give some details, how many hours you were working, what you were doing in a day etc.