Psyche_92

I can meditate easily for 2 hours.

30 posts in this topic

@Ether  LOL, yeah I know. When I first started meditating, it was like that the whole time, but only once in a while anymore.   :P

2 hours ago, John Lula said:

@frnsh

Well, reading books or not reading books. How do we measure our growth - our take-away points?

I think that it is a lot about a change in perspective, developing an understanding of some field of study in which you yourself have put the effort in to try to undertand. YouTube videos can be good for that, but often (I find) that attention drifts off to other videos, and then all of a sudden that video I watched about biliogy is gradually drowned into other fields. The great thing about a book is that you use a long time on it, and you come back to it, so that your mind becomes engrained with these ideas, and as you say, you do get time to thin, and thinking about some idea is crucial to forming your own opinions. YouTube can easily (not necessarily) become fast-paste, and make us have vague opnions about stuff.

+ a book is physical, and I think it helps to have a copy of the book that is in your sight (either in your room or area that you spend time). This helps remind you of the different books that you've read, wich make you think about them again (and maybe read again).

When it comes to language? It can suck a bit, my language is not similar to that of english, but through time and effort I think you too can habituate to reading stuff in english. I find that most best books are written down in english (compared to my language).

Thanks for the explanation :) I think we find the best ways for our growth. 

I just watched this movie "Annihilation", feeling high of it, it's gonna take some hours for me. 

17 minutes ago, John Lula said:

@frnsh Damn! watch the trailer, looks good!

Yeah! It's one of those movies that you can't stop analyzing its clues desperately trying to understand the hidden meaning of it. 

On 3/11/2018 at 4:06 PM, Psyche_92 said:

But i don't have the patience to watch a YouTube video for 6 min, or read a book for 10 min. What could be the cause of this?  

You need to start creating man ?

17 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Because youtube videos are stupid

Leo is stupid ?

9_9

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

buy the books

don't read them in pdf

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

On 3/11/2018 at 11:06 AM, Psyche_92 said:

But i don't have the patience to watch a YouTube video for 6 min, or read a book for 10 min. What could be the cause of this?  

I have the inverse problem, I can watch videos and read books but I can't sit more than half hour. I have to make my biggest effort to be half hour sitting... 

Do you get distracted when reading or watching videos? It happens to me when I am reading a book, but I can focus again on the book and continue.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16