Psyche_92

I can meditate easily for 2 hours.

30 posts in this topic

But i don't have the patience to watch a YouTube video for 6 min, or read a book for 10 min. What could be the cause of this?  

You're crazy :ph34r:

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Just now, Shin said:

You're crazy :ph34r:

How do i fix crazy .

1 minute ago, Psyche_92 said:

How do i fix crazy .

You think I know that ? xDxDxD

God is love

And God in them

7 minutes ago, Psyche_92 said:

I can meditate easily for 2 hours. But i don't have the patience to watch a YouTube video for 6 min, or read a book for 10 min.

because you don't challenge yourself. your life might be too easy.

unborn Truth

Because you stop the practice when you get out of your seat. ;) 

Edited by Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj

Hallå

Or ...

maybe ...

You lost interest in some things that aren't aligned with what you've become ?

God is love

And God in them

@Psyche_92 Yea I sort of have the same thing, I don't know what it really means. But if the impatience is becoming a problem, then you should challenge yourself more whenever you find yourself being impatient.

My theory is that meditation is proving to be really relaxing every time I do it, and I associate it with positive connotations. Whereas other stuff I associate with more negative connotations. 

Try meditation when you have CRAZY thoughts about your life lol

Not as relaxing :ph34r:

God is love

And God in them

You are not doing anything :D

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

You are watching the wrong video or reading the wrong book for your stage of the journey. I have found diminished interest in 'entertainment' videos and books.

I have a huge problem in reading books. I don't have any problem watching a video for hours or meditating for that long, but books, omg! 

6 hours ago, John Lula said:

It might be that you somehow feel pressured to read. Many people do these days because they associate it with school work (negativity). But with some consciousness of what the book actually is, I think it can be fixed. The book is not what you think about the book, it is not anything you associate with the book. It is something else than a book.

The book itself is IT too, as with any other thing. The word cannot describe what the book is, because words are relative. For someone whom has never seen a book, it might mean something completely different to them. Putting on meaning on things doesn’t mean that it is true in the face of reality. All is alike and are not separated to one another.

The thoughts about the book is also (most likely) feelings of the book (thought to feeling - feeling to thought), what does this feeling of impatience tell you? What does the thought say? Why does it? can you let go of that?

I agree that a lot of it comes from schools and exams etc, also that I have a bit of problem reading in English, my eyes get tired so fast. It may be because my native language's writing is totally different. But still, I dislike reading. I know the best benefits of it compared to watching videos about the same subject is that you can be free with your mind and imagine what you want, but at the same time, I know I fly in the world of imagination and daydream a lot about the subject I watched video from. So in that sense, is not reading books so much fine? 

When you close your eyes and this whole world is gone is when you truly meditate :D

B R E A T H E

10 minutes ago, pluto said:

When you close your eyes and this whole world is gone is when you truly meditate :D

Fun one :D :D

12 hours ago, Psyche_92 said:

But i don't have the patience to watch a YouTube video for 6 min, or read a book for 10 min. What could be the cause of this?  

Seems like when you meditate, you know you're meant to just relax. But when doing something with a goal in mind it seems like you're more focused on the end product than the journey. 

Maybe spiritual bypassing. See if you have a lens or belief system you look things through. Check if you have heavily contradicting emotions deep down.

17 hours ago, Psyche_92 said:

Sounds like you just think you should watch videos or read books but on some level you feel it's an useless activity and there's nothing to gain.

I guess you should just deeply ask yourself why you're trying to do those things.

Also, what things naturally draw your attention so you don't have to even try?

18 hours ago, Shin said:

You think I know that ? xDxDxD

????

19 hours ago, Shin said:

Try meditation when you have CRAZY thoughts about your life lol

Not as relaxing :ph34r:

Yyyyyyep, I did that yesterday. I was upset in the morning, and my 40 min meditation was:

"OK, brain....we are quieting down now."

"Let's leave that issue behind now....."

"Just breathe...focus on this inhale."

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, BRAAAAIN!!!"  :S

I'm exaggerating, but the first 30 minutes were loud. 

@PsiloPutty You are trying to control something it cant be controled, the success when you are able to silence it is what makes you think you have control.

Its ok, sometimes i do the same ;)