Principium Nexus

The importance of sleep posture

22 posts in this topic

Hello,

For several years now I have noticed that my sleep posture has quite a significant effect on my overall sleep and how I wake up the next morning. For me what appears to be best is to lay straight and preferably not lay on my face.

When you curl up I notice that sleep becomes lesser quality and also that it feels less restored.

I think one could say this might be because of bloodflow, oxygen and nerves. Alternatively could it be because the alignment of chakras or that you take a bad body posture with you during sleep, similarly like have a sloppy body posture during the day (lowers self-esteem etc).

What do you guys think, does it matter to you how you sleep? What are your ideal conditions for the best sleep?

It is very important and it is case by case scenario. Depends what is your weak chakra. It is a lot about accupressure. You will have probably tendency to sleep on your weak chakra to make a pressure on it.

In my opinion it is very important not to sleep too long because it cause overminalisation of tissues (not moving for a long time)

Edited by bigzbigi

@Principium Nexus Posture and Structual Integrity is very important.The more erect our spine is, they more aware we are.

The human body was designed to move, not sit all day long.About sleep, i believe you should first of all get rid of your pillow if you're using one and sleep on a harder surface than regular beds.The body aligns itself :) ,we just have to get rid of the cushions and comfort.

4 hours ago, Principium Nexus said:

What are your ideal conditions for the best sleep?

Sleeping on a hard wooden surface such as the floor. Try it. Believe it or not itll help A LOT. 

I’ve tried pillows of diffferent thickness, a knee pillow, a body pillow...and no matter what I’ve done, I end up sleeping on my stomach. Anyone know a sleep hack that might help me to sleep on my back? Thanks. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Viking Genius! Pricey though, I may just borrow @Shin‘s. 

Lol !

I actually might want to buy that hummm ....

For educational purpose 9_9

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Principium Nexus I read somewhere that sleeping on your left side is quite beneficial due to how the lymph system flows in the body. I can find that article and post it here for you.

@Nahm Well i suppose you are sleeping like this for a very long time, so its very hard for your body to adapt to a different posture.

I believe that if you really wanna change it, you'll have to force yourself stay on your back and with time the body will adapt.But prepare, you will have many sleepless nights until you make it, if you do so.Such changes are hard.Patience.

I sleep on the floor, with a thin mattress to not hurt my joints. I have a hard thin pillow for my head, and I sleep in Shavasana (corpse posture). Its great, and I usually wake up like that or on my side, never on my belly unless its full or something (lying on my belly usually reduces some pain, but I don't know).

It gives great sleep quality overall.

Edited by Igor82

I tried to sleep without pillow last night and it did help actually. The body seems to align better with the head then.

When I sleep on my back I get lower back and butt pain . I can only sleep that way for a very short time then I have to curl up again on my side or belly. So is it really helpful if I force it to sleep on my back?

@sarapr In depends on your bed. The healthiest way to sleep on your back is on a flat surface with very little "give". If you sleep on foam, the foam will inherit your body posture, which won't necessarily straighten your spine in any way. I liked sleeping on my side when I had a bed, it's the natural sleep posture many rodents... at least it was comfortable for me.

@Igor82 When I sleep on the floor the pressure is even more is that how you feel too?

On hard surfaces your muscles and body rests optimally and your skeletal structure holds your body. When on soft surface muscles/body do not properly relax. This is why we feel so refreshed and regenerated when we sleep on the ground. Notice when you are sick or too drunk you end up on the ground. Its nature.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

I’ve been sleeping on the floor for 5 years now. Sleep a lot better. Don’t need to sleep as long. And wake up in better body alighnment.