beatlemantis

struggling in college

5 posts in this topic

I have two months left at my first year of college, all which haven't led me on a steady path to anywhere. 

My studies are almost nonexistent, my passion for what I'm going for now feels contrived and distant from me, my friend status and social life is next to zero, since being here I've been in a relationship for 6 months which seems to impend more on my free time and stress levels, health isn't too great either. When I do get free time, I don't feel inclined to read or study more about my major, either. 

Everything right now is just mediocre. I want to conjure the same passion I had the summer before coming here so as to improve all these facets of my life. I know I have a passion for the work that I'm doing, it's just hard to come by. I just don't know where to start on getting my life back on an actualized path. 

How much time your relationship takes you, and how do you feel about it ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin It takes up most of my nights and almost every day I have off. I really value the relationship, I just wish I knew how to balance it in a more healthy way.

What stops you from spending your time in a mor balanced way? Pressure from your SO, or you’re just always tempted to spend time with your SO as procrastination?

if the former, you might be avoiding a hard conversation, and if the latter you might be lacking some discipline. Like Aum said meditation should help you assess the situation more clearly either way. YOU decide where you spend time, ultimately.