Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spence94

I think i had my first enlightenment experience...

7 posts in this topic

Last night i did around 20 minutes of kriya yoga and drifted off into deep meditation before bed. I usually do this.

I experienced some shaking of my nervous system, this also happens sometimes when working with the kundalini. However this time was different.

The usuall darkness ( with a hint of red) of the nothingness i dwell in during the meditation shifted. I started using  a mantra ( I AM) as my mind started chattering. A few minutes into the mantra there was a clearing. The nothingness turned into a powerful shimmering golden light. There was no mind, no thought, it was so obvious, it was so clear, it was right there. I could not help but laugh and laugh. 

It felt like the magician showed me how the magic trick was done and i was laughing at myself for how obvious it was and how silly i had been. 

The laughing calmed... i meditated. It was blissfull, it was pure, i could go on forever without a problem. 15 minutes passed ( i think). I opened my eyes, i laughed some more, i spoke from the seat of my awareness. The clouds were gone. The smog had been lifted. What dominated was a presence, my awareness is what dominated the room, it was beyond my body, but my body was part of it, perhaps happening through it. It was perfect, i wanted more meditation, just to be with it. 

It lasted around 25 minutes in total, maybe longer, i dont know. I led down. It was over. The light as a feather state of bliss was gone...

I am not sure. It felt like that was it, it just seemed so obviously the case, like i knew it. What is left is a desire to take the persuit more seriously and with more respect. 

Just thought i would share because i know you lot love this kinda shit, didnt know where else to go. Much love and peace to you all.

xx

Yup, that's how it starts. But that's just the tip of the iceberg.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I get some jitters when I meditate too.  It's funny.  Little body energy bursts.  It's good stuff.  It's good to focus awareness on those weird things that happen in the body.  Sometimes it's just random.  Good for you.  I'm gonna get into more into Kriya Yoga myself.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Ego jellybeans :)

Namaste, Mfks!

@Jeff Zhang So its the Pranayama(breathing)/ kriya element of the yoga practice. It is done in a seated meditation posture. it is deep spinal breathing practice, followed by more simple meditation. I call it yoga because my general definition of yoga is much more broad than than  just yoga postures. I usually do Asana( postures) before I do the seated breathing, kriya and meditation parts of the practice. Being a seated practice, I usually do it before sleep, on my bed. Then I drift of to sleep :)