Seed

Russell Brand...

25 posts in this topic

Have and always will, absolutely LOVE this human... saw him live last night in Birmingham and was totally floored with so much mention of consciousness and awareness, ego, mind deception, spirituality and the absolute. Perfectly entwined with ripping himself for the time he attempted to take down government. 

He has this amazing ability go so deep with is, but also being absolutely hilarious, which is essential for engaging the masses. Anyone one else would just come across as way too intense!

People in UK, highly recommend getting tickets for his tour, if you still can 

ENFPs are fun, you just have to ground them in physical reality so they don't fly away on a cloud of possibilities...:P

Edited by Haumea

I really like him, he speaks the truth not a lot of people will dare to say! But he’s more of a celebrity which makes it not as authentic. 

I’d love to sit down and have a cup of tea and a conversation with him! 

Genuine bloke trying to change this crazy world we live in, and it’s awesome that he’s British too, I get the feeling not many of us do self enquiry.

Not a fan, I find his constant virtue signaling and smug arrogance off putting. He enjoys hearing himself talk more than he enjoys genuinely learning. 

He's aware of non duality, and an intelligent guy. You could do a lot worse with a role model, but you could do way better as well... I don't find him funny either, unfortunately. He takes himself too seriously to be funny. 

I admire his communication skills, how he is fearless, himself, free from judgement in any given situation. 

I listened carefully to what he said. There seems an apparent contradiction either between DMT and Mushrooms or between Russell Brands philosophy and that stated on this forum a few times... His main argument in this short clip is that DMT produces states that are constant or consistent between participants whereas the exact opposite is report about mushrooms; in that they emphasise or form out of, the pre-existing beliefs of the participant.

The question isn't about the differences between different drugs or opinion, but that Russell Brand used this as an argument for proof of there being a consistent underlying sub-strata to existence or dimension that we can experience. Anyone?

Edited by Neo

For an ex-heroin addict, he's doing REALLY good!

Go Russell!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

That was a lot of passionate and profound musing....it makes me wonder why he's never done DMT. Seems like that would provide a more solid position from which to speak about this stuff. The way he presents it is that there's a substance that could take him to the realest reality, a place of constant permanence, but he won't do it? Pondering and talking about something is fine, but if he's that open to it, why not do it?

You just don't get addiction do you. You think it's something related to a given substance and not something related to the character of the person. Some people will form a chronic addiction to coffee and start planning ahead their next cup and stashing supplies of it so they never run out before they've even finished sipping it.

Edited by Neo

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

For an ex-heroin addict, he's doing REALLY good!

Most likely because of that, he´s doing really good. It´s not a guarantee though when starting with heroin ;)

@Leo Gura I think he’s doing really good too. Considering heroin is one of the most addictive substances out there. 

2 hours ago, RawJudah said:

@Leo Gura I think he’s doing really good too. Considering heroin is one of the most addictive substances out there. 

The most addictive substance is money, few are clean.

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

Yeah, he should try DMT, but he doesn't want to because part of his 12-step program has made him swear off all drugs.

Although I would argue that psychedelics do not count as "drugs". They are anti-addictive. But I could still see him getting stuck in the psychedelic rabbit hole to the point of escapism.

I think his fear is, if he starts doing psychedelics, he will slide back into heroin. Who can say if that's true? 5-MeO-DMT and Iboga, for example, are actually the two most effective cures for heroin addiction. Because all that an addict is really looking for is God. He's just using the wrong tool to get there (heroin).

Harmony already exsist without your imposition of self centered activity. There’s no need for any of that psychadelic jive. Unless you feel there is of course.?

If you feel you need to take anything as means of attaining a certain state of being your addicted. You are caught in habit. You are still mechanical/fragmented lol

And how do you guys know what state of being he is in anyways. How do we know what he needs or doesn’t need. 

Edited by Faceless

35 minutes ago, Faceless said:

And how do you guys know what state of being he is in anyways. How do we know what he needs or doesn’t need.

He can do whatever he wants.

But if he's talking about DMT, he should probably try it.

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He can do whatever he wants.

But if he's talking about DMT, he should probably try it.

I understand?

but you don’t have to have that particular experience to know that it is nothing more than anohter experience. Experience being a movement of the center/thought. 

Just saying an action/movment of the infinite does imply a non experiencing right. No center. A non recognition. 

Im sure it’s quite an interesting experience never the less ?. Again I’m not against the psychedelic experience. I have friends who have done them. 

I just see that experience and knowledge given continuity by memory/recognition are movements of the self/thought. 

27 minutes ago, Faceless said:

nothing more than anohter experience

That's a rather flippant way to think of it.

Experience is all you got. And it shapes you enormously.

People who have not taken breakthrough doses of DMT cannot say, "Oh, I'm sure it will be a cool experience, but still, just an experience."

No! That "just an experience" can transform your entire understanding of reality. Meeting a sentient alien face-to-face is a pretty big fucking deal. In the same way that if you woke up one day with Big Foot sleeping in your bed, that would be a big fucking deal. That's not merely an experience.

@Leo Gura How are you sure what's real? How are you sure there are not layers of realities. where each layer is more real than another one.

@egoless There are infinite layers and none of them are real. That's what "reality" means.

You're using the word "real" according to the materialist paradigm, which is improper.

This is a real quality video. I love how at around 1:30 he talks about how he used to believe it was just brain activity and that was completely shattered once he had a breakthrough