Paul EMD

Kriya Yoga Book "Kriya Yoga Synthesis Of A Personal Experience"

14 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Has anyone read the book "Kriya Yoga Synthesis Of A Personal Experience" by Ennio Nimis ?

It's a free book that you can download on this website: http://www.kriyayogainfo.net/Eng_Home.html

I've just finished reading the first part which presents the author's search and discovery of Kriya Yoga and I'm now getting into the second part which explains the techniques. The book is interesting and it seems to be a good and reliable ressource.

Has any of you read this book as well as Leo's "secret" book about Kriya ? I'd love to know what you guys think about it compared to @Leo Gura's recommendation. 

Also, anyone practicing Kriya Yoga as well as Hatha Yoga? I've been practicing Hatha Yoga (including pranayama, bandhas etc.) for a while now so I'm looking to integrate both. I don't want to stop my more physical practice but I don't want to mess around mixing everything together. I might email the author to have his point of view about it.

Thanks guys !

Edited by Paul EMD

@Paul EMD Based on the recent book 'Kriya Yoga exposed' that I read by another author (Santata Gamana) who I found to be very genuine, Ennio Nimis is probably one of the very authentic.  Santata Gamana considers him as the best among all the yoga teachers he knows.. I haven't read Ennio Nimis book myself though. But it is good that he has made everything free. I watched a couple of videos on that site..

You might be also interested in the book that I am talking about. Check out this thread:

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

Since actualized.org is aiming for yoga, I have bought the kriya book on leo's list. I'm waiting for shipping on saturday.

Yoga seems more interesting to me than meditation, since it involve the body (I don't know if kriya involves postures tho, or if it's just breathing and visualization). I'm kinda hyperactive, using yoga as a way to evolve on the spiritual path, I'm in.

Edited by Soulbass

Thanks so much for posting other Kriya yoga books @Paul EMD @Shanmugam ... I don't have any form of online $, I don't know how to buy things online and don't think I want to start yet.... @Soulbass There is an amazing yoga center in my new community with satsangs and dinners etc ... I had been thinking of going for the last few weeks... I totally agree with you, it would be better for me too! I hope I can avoid the watered down stuff and sketchy gurus...lol...

I'm sure Leo's book list is amazing, and worth every penny!!! Imagine how much time he has spent weeding through information to distil it down for us!

That said, it rubbed me the wrong way with the book list as a necessity for that growth.... it seemed like the only way I could participate in Leo's life changing new video was to step into that $ paradigm...one that causes a lot of materialism and addiction in my culture (online spending)... I'm practically Amish when it comes to money, and I don't yet trust myself not to fall into the traps of ebay etc... I know I've wasted hours just looking at art-nouveau buttons, and vintage record players that look like the wizard of OZ and other bullshit crap, that I may like, but don't need.... I know the book list is different, it's knowledge, but it would open a door to a world I may not yet be safe in... anybody else feel this way? do you all live in virtual $ land? 

@Shanmugam 

Thank you for the recommendation, I'll check this book out when I'm done studying this one ! 

@Epiphany_Inspired

If you want to buy things online you just need a credit card.

I understand your point of view, starting to buy things online can be like opening the pandora box... You gotta be careful and only invest in stuff that will help you grow. It's the same for buying things in actual shops, you gotta spend wisely. 

I'd however advise you to think about that point of view again - there is so much knowledge available online which you won't find anywhere else (e.g books, online courses, etc.)

@Paul EMD Indeed this book is explaining Lahiri Mahasaya's Kriya Yoga techniques which I guess Leo was talking about in his video. And it is free! Thanks for sharing. Good that I haven't yet ordered the book from Leo's list :D 

@Shanmugam We need your insights on this book. Don't forget to share your ideas if you decide to look into it. I suppose this book will serve as the great value for the advancement of our community into the yoga word... And damn it is so accessible. FREE! That's true spirituality...

@egoless I haven't read the book yet.. Will share my comments after reading it.. But this site is extremely helpful and useful.. You can also download free videos that give demonstrations of the techniques explained in that free book: http://www.kriyayogainfo.net/Eng_Downloads2.html

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@Paul EMD Honestly the Ennio Nimis felt very random and presented the whole material in such a way that it felt like freaking rocket science. I mean I had some basic yoga/sanscrit knowledge but it way too shitty to even undertand the basics.

Stevens is way more approachable.

Kriya Yoga Book which Leo recommends we go with next year

I just received my copy of the book, and after looking it over, I am pondering how to begin. I think I will start with 20 minutes a day as recommended and then read a portion of the book each day, incorporating whatever is in my reading for that day.  He says to study each lesson as long as you feel necessary to fully comprehend the techniques (p. xvii).  This looks very alluring!  I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning!

@Leo Gura I just watched your video "Don't Half Ass Yoga" and you answered my questions

• Don't mix with other Yoga methods
  • Don't find another Kriya method

I think I'll stick with Hatha Yoga because I need a more physical practice to work on various health issues I have. 

I however think that I'll be looking for other methods/teachers which focus more on Pranayama and Bandhas (Sadhgurus's method?). I guess that I'll have to spend a few month trying various approaches until I find the one that fits perfectly :)

I'd still recommend you to read the book "Kriya Yoga Synthesis Of A Personal Experience" by Ennio Nimis, or at least just the first part. The author describes how the whole system of Kriya teaching is fucked up and how he's tried many different teachers and schools. It's interesting to see how those "spiritual" fields can be "corrupted".

Cheers!

And now another point of view...

In this video, Ryan Kurczak advises to practice Hatha Yoga (or any fitness practice) to help the body be healthy, but most importanly, to build up a good core, work the spine so you can actually stay sitted for 1 or 2 hours without any problem with your body...

And yet another contradiction hahaha :) 

Great video on Kriya btw...

I've been at this for 12 straight days now.  I do Kriya first thing in the morning.  I'm keeping a daily journal of what I did and any sensations I experienced.  I've got a slight case of carpal tunnel syndrome, so when my fingers are intertwined and palms downward, my hands go to sleep a little, but I can live with it.  My feet also usually experience some numbness as well, but, again, I'm ok with it.

I also started listening to "The Book of Not Knowing," which came highly recommended by Leo.  I must admit, it seems like a big pointless word salad that never leads anywhere.  Maybe I'm just too unenlightened to appreciate it.

But I do like the Kriya.  I've meditated for about 2 years (not regularly though), but it rather felt like "thinking with my legs crossed," in other words, not getting much out of it.  So the Kriya is helping with clearing my mind.

Edited by Almamater

On 22-3-2018 at 1:10 PM, Almamater said:

I also started listening to "The Book of Not Knowing,"

It's a book that is meant to be read. Sometimes I even read one page 2 or 3 times to really understand what he is saying. I think when you listen to it the wisdom just flies over your head because it is so complex.