How to be wise

The work of Byron Katie: Turning this world into heaven

158 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Faceless said:

You will find that sorrow, a much more collective response grown from psychological time will spring up from time to time when threat of physical fear is activated.

Do you think that sorrow could be also because of the lack of interest people has in pursuing enlightenment? or at least finding a way to stop suffering?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

13 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Do you think that sorrow could be also because of the lack of interest people has in pursuing enlightenment? or at least finding a way to stop suffering?

I do. Nothing will get better unless dramatic change happens now. When you don’t see yourself as seperate anymore, others are you, even the unborn. The Responsibility one feels when free from that sense of separateness in the beginning is or can be overwhelming. But all we can do is be responsible. Not for someone or something. But total responsibility for the whole of life. This is actually very simple. Just takes awareness. 

Do you see what I mean? 

Edited by Faceless

3 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Do you see what I mean? 

Yes, loud and clear.

^_^

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

4 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Yes, loud and clear.

^_^

?

3 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

What do you mean with that you lost your head?

@Faceless  was Marie Antoinette in a past life

:P

For anyone using the Work, I highly suggest combining it with EFT tapping. Makes difficult cases much easier.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

@okulele what is EFT tapping?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Got a feeling it has something to do with concentration 

@How to be wise  It's using the meridian system to clear negative emotions. You tap your fingers on certain places of your body and while experiencing difficult emotions and this helps the emotions go.

Maybe check this out, if you are interested:

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

I'm confused, does this only pertain to situations with people? I'm looking at the worksheets on her website and each one says to bring up a thought about another person

Edited by d0ornokey

@How to be wise are you saying that it actually worked for you? In my experience self inquiry into thoughts is really powerful, but what you're saying in your original post reads like a bit of an infomercial

Is it working for you so far?

source: cook-greuter.com 

17 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I like Byron Katie’s work.

Is that true?

Is that really true?

What does the belief I like byron Katie's work feel like?

Who would you be without the belief I like byron Katie's work? 

:P

Edited by White

@d0ornokey any situation that you are uncomfortable about even in the slightest enters the worksheet and is worked through. In the end, you will be a walking Buddha. 

@White Don’t underestimate it. Out of all the techniques I’ve encountered, The Work is by far the most powerful. It’s working for many other people as well.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise I never meant to come across as underestimating it. I said it's powerful. But wanted to draw your attention to the fact that you sound like an infomercial. I wanted to hear your personal experience of it . 

@White I’ve been doing it for three months. Due to working through so many worksheets, these days I live a significant part of my life being aware of the difference between my thoughts about the situation, and the situation itself. This creates a feeling of bliss on those occasions. About a fifth of the day, I live without any mental chatter. My chronic anxiety that I used to have just three months ago is gone. I have more energy. I sleep less (I waste less energy stressing out). Most importantly, I’m disidentifying from my body. 

That’s just my progress in three months. In the past I’ve done self inquiry for three full months, and Kriya yoga for another three and a half months. The results I’ve obtained from The Work have very clearly surpassed both techniques combined. 

If you want to see it working on other people: