How to be wise

The work of Byron Katie: Turning this world into heaven

158 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Faceless said:

@How to be wise

Not a drop ?

The breaking of the illusion of time means that you don’t feel physical pain anymore, because pain always needs a past or future. That’s Byron Katie’s experience as well. Is that your experience?

Edited by How to be wise

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

24 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

The breaking of the illusion of time means that you don’t feel physical pain anymore, because pain always needs a past or future. That’s Byron Katie’s experience as well. Is that your experience?

Physical pain comes and goes. That is a stimulus response that I would never want to get rid of anyway. It’s part of what is. I mean I am riddled with physical pain. I have been very adventurous over the years?..This pain only causes suffering when thought thinks about it. Now when it comes to tremendous pain thought or not their will still be pain.

Suffering is inviting the psychological/mental factulties ‘self’ to tackle the physical problem of pain. This movement of thought is brought about to bring a sense of psychological security, which in its very nature only perpetuates further insecurity/suffering. Thoughts function is to provide psychological security. To allow that is to invite illusion which always breeds insecurity. 

That is the suffering that isn’t necessary at all. Thought is the root of all psychological suffering. 

Edited by Faceless

@How to be wise @Faceless  I have a doubt about dukka 

:-)

I feel free of suffering in the sense that I don't feel anymore that is me that is suffering. I observe how suffering appears but I don't feel identified, but suffering appears anyway. I don't know why, because I don't know any specific reason for it. But is is observed and I really don't feel affected by it but it bothers me that is still there.

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

1 hour ago, abrakamowse said:

@How to be wise @Faceless  I have a doubt about dukka 

:-)

I feel free of suffering in the sense that I don't feel anymore that is me that is suffering. I observe how suffering appears but I don't feel identified, but suffering appears anyway. I don't know why, because I don't know any specific reason for it. But is is observed and I really don't feel affected by it but it bothers me that is still there.

:P

Is thought coming in and saying don’t suffer because it see the illusion of self/thought.

Or is their no movement from the stream of thought ‘the knower/the known’ creating the suffering by its very movement?

That is a question for you to ask yourself though. It’s not for me?

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless how long can you sit still and do nothing, provided that your physical needs are taken care of? Days, weeks, or as long as you want?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

4 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Faceless how long can you sit still and do nothing, provided that your physical needs are taken care of? Days, weeks, or as long as you want?

Why would I want to stand still and do nothing? 

Thats a movement of concentration ‘time’...Their is a time to move and a time to be still. But no matter what time is not. This is a movement of pure attention ‘timeless’ free of the one who concentrates. 

Edited by Faceless

One thing one must do is forget everything they assume that is accuired from thought. 

Concentration is a tremendous skill but it is still time binding.

Edited by Faceless

The significance is ‘i’ am meditation. Its a constant movement without time. 

Very simple. It’s difficult because it’s to simple for the complicated nature of thought to handle. Thought/self in its very function and purpose is to work in time. 

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless my interest is whether you are ‘capable’ of it. Have you overcome boredom?

6 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

my interest is whether you are ‘capable’ of it.

I have never considered trying that?. I have spend long periods of time outside without eating and very very little water. 4 days. ??‍♂️This is rather easy for me. I actually sleep outside a lot and rarely even eat. 

6 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Have you overcome boredom?

And their is no boredom. That is a movement of thought. I can be totally alone without any issues. It’s rather pleasant actually?

Edited by Faceless

@How to be wise

Awareness implies pure attention without an experiencer and is dynamic/active. 

So it’s natural that any action born of awareness be active/dynamic. 

Only when there is a movement of concentration, ‘thought’ will their be such a ‘static like’ movement of thought/volition/time expressed. 

Time is static binding. Timelessness is always dynamic and alive. 

Does this make make any sense to you ? 

Edited by Faceless

6 hours ago, Faceless said:

Is thought coming in and saying don’t suffer because it see the illusion of self/thought.

Or is their no movement from the stream of thought ‘the knower/the known’ creating the suffering by its very movement?

That is a question for you to ask yourself though. It’s not for me?

I think that's the problem... it's thought saying it sees the illusion. Nice... Thanks @Faceless  (again)

^_^

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

2 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

I think that's the problem... it's thought saying it sees the illusion. Nice... Thanks @Faceless  (again)

^_^

It’s great that you don’t persist after seeing identification has been established. So you cut it off right?  You cut the limb off after you see it starting to grow? 

Limb being identification/suffering? 

Edited by Faceless

3 minutes ago, Faceless said:

It’s great that you don’t persist after seeing identification has been established. So you cut it off right? 

Working on it. I feel like "I" observe the stream of thought, but the attachment to the idea that "I am thinking" is making me see that suffering.

I was also thinking is the reaction of the ego that is noticing how I am more and more less identified with their tricks and construction of an "ego".

I think the problem is the psychological time now that it doesn't let me "transcend" for once and for all.

14 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

I think the problem is the psychological time now that it doesn't let me "transcend" for once and for all.

??

^_^

Every movement of self is a movement of psychological time. So it’s not like you have to look for that movement very hard. It’s in plain open site. Just have to recognize it as such. 

Attention, atterniton, attention= prevention And once attention grows efficiently one stops it from even manifesting as thought/identification pattern. 

Instead of observing every individual thought you can also watch for every movement of volition/will/effort..As in psychologically that is. But if you observe you will notice every movement of becoming is contantly in action. 

I know this may seem like a broken record but that’s the nature of the game

Awareness is all we need. This leads to embodiment. 

:)

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless when was the last time you felt any negative emotion? 

?

It seems like reactions are pretty much non existent or dramatically reduced. Every now and then I think the deepest rooted emotion of sorrow may come to the surface. But I think this is quite normal as sorrow runs much deeper than personal circumstances. It seems to be inherited in the as part of the conditioned response as a survival mechanism. You will find that sorrow, a much more collective response grown from psychological time will spring up from time to time when threat of physical fear is activated. Every now and then this may arise. But it’s not labeled good or bad. Their is no this or that anymore. This is the art of letting experience play all the way through, and not storing it away as an addition to the stream of thought/experience. If these reactions do arise they are ended immediately. Prevented from even entering memory. They are not identified with and given any continuity by thought/psychological time. If their is a total ending of an experience ‘thought’, which is knowledge, memory, and past experience, then this ends any projection of thought from even arising later. All reactions ‘emotions/responses’ we have are in accordance with that stream of accumulated content/thought. 

Although I do remember an instance few months back in a conversation when someone brought up their religious based morals. Their was a direct antagonistic and violent action against humanity. That one did cause a little reaction but was ended almost instantly. And it seems that embodiment deepens more and more as such deep rooted reactions arise. You learn more and more and become more aware. But before that I can’t remember any other instances since the day I lost my head. Their may have been a few but they were ripped out at the root at that moment and not carried on. I ended them immediately and didn’t store them alway to be cultivated into as future experienced responses. 

Embodiment will deepen more and more. I am not perfect. I am perfectly imperfect?.. the day I lost my head was only a short time ago. But this I noticed has deepened over the last 12 months since my head went missing. ?

Also for me this happened spontaneously or without any movement of volition. Looking back I feel their was just a instant and total perception of the whole movement of psychological time. In this insight/perception was action away from that movement of psychological becoming. This is the day the binding of time ended. 

Since then I have been exploring what had happened. I can’t imagine trying to inquire being bound by time. Inquiry is much more simple without the self distorting and twisting for its own personal agenda. 

Edited by Faceless