Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Amplituda

Positive Habits That Changed Your Life - 3 Weeks Challenge

12 posts in this topic

This is an extension to the topic started by Lynnel and the idea is to challenge your-SELF to change one negative habit in 3 weeks timeline(it's usually takes 21 days to change negative habit into positive) using 3 levels - 1 each week. Every next level will bring you to advance level of mindfulness. If you strong enough to commit and go through it, result might be shocking ( based on my personal experience ) . Very simple practice - all you do for 3 weeks is restricting your-SELF from any arguments. ABSOLUTELY ZERO ARGUMENTS with anybody, anything and majorly with your mind, ego, self, you call it...

1. First week once you feel like arguing about anything and with anything mentioned above and not mentioned, you stop... take a breath and say to your-SELF quietly I'll NOT do it. Smile and walk away or don't smile...something like that.. First week is the easiest cause all you have to do is to realize you want to argue and stop. You can curse after that, get upset or whatever but no arguments even with your mind (sometime when you argue with someone even after it over you argue with your mind after that) - double funO.o -BIG NO ...let it go and accept it eventually. Do it for a full week.

2. Second week you advance to not just stopping but smiling and be satisfied cause you didn't get into the argument. Realize that you didn't awake negative energy within you and didn't spread it around. As you might know you get in what you put out there and if you put out negative energy you will eventually get hit by it. So idea to get cleaner by not doing it and at the same time increase your awareness in this area. Think about it periodical during second week.

3. Third and last week is the most advance one and on the top of previous 2 points YOU need to realize one additional thing if argument comes along: the entity you feel like get into argument with and your-SELF have same roots. You're the ONE in nature and arguing with your-SELF is simply non-sense. Don't just think about it - get a feeling of it. Feel that the argument can come only from your ego and even your ego has the same base as everything else but just ignorant of that...get this deep feeling and smile, enjoy it, say something nice to the entity you could of argue with and thank this entity for bringing one or another topic up cause deep inside you realize it help you raise your awareness up and become a bit bigger comparing to day before. 

Well last step isn't easy to explain but hopefully after 2 weeks you get it, I'm pretty sure you will partially if not fully. We can discuss it more if needed in the worst case but I'll make sure it will be clear for most

Anyhow, think if you can commit to this challenge and only commit if you pretty confident you can do it.  If you do, share it here and record how many times a day you avoided arguments  or potentially scandals and with who/what. Report once a week your results and feelings after end of week. Simple enough? Make sure you're not making up things during 3 weeks period - you'll fool only your-SELF nobody else. I don't care if you share it here or not but please don't fool your-SELF for your own sake. Good Luck! Although it's not about luck as always :)

Hmm, I expected at least a few to get on board and commit to it but seems like most of the people come here just to entertain their ego instead of doing actual work. Is that true?

I need to be more consistent and disciplined at meditating daily. Would this approach help?

Edited by Natasha

well, it doesn't really help with meditation discipline and consistency, but you don't need to spend any extra time on this. You just train your self to be more Consciousness and withhold from negative output which exactly what arguments are.

On 3/3/2016 at 3:57 PM, Amplituda said:

Hmm, I expected at least a few to get on board and commit to it but seems like most of the people come here just to entertain their ego instead of doing actual work. Is that true?

Don't forget the other side of things. You know.. They may be really busy self-actualizing so they can't commit to your question. :( So busy self-actualizing... Like, dancing in the clubs or some s**t. You never know...

Edited by asgard94

Simply quitting Facebook would be good enough! But I'll consider that challenge too.

Edited by asgard94

@asgard94 True, Unfortunately most are all about entertainment their ego and when it comes to actual work, ego comes back with many excuses why not to do it but rather get more entertainment....let's see if we can get a few more ppl aboard and hopefully will start as a group

It is important to actually do the work rather than talk about it.   Once one does the work however the social component is also important so one can get feedback and progress further than if alone.   I guess fruitful online discussion would be ideal....   

We definitely live in a "screen generation" though... Most people are either watching TV, using their computers at work, checking their cell phone, etc.. basically all looking at some screen.  I think it is important to take time away from these things and just meditate for short periods of time until one can do longer periods.  The problem is most people have a very short attention span and can't sit with themselves and their thoughts.  

This is probably why they call it personal development "work".   It takes persistence and constant proactive effort to maintain a meditation discipline. Much easier to slide back into Neurosis.  

I struggled a lot with aggressions and I got into conflicts quite often. So what you mentioned here would have been a good starting point to me. Especially to calm down the mind and finally be aware of what's going on there.

Luckily I already managed it and I'm pretty balanced when it comes to arguments.

Hopefully more people will read your post. In my eyes it's really helpful! :)

thank you for the kind words... sounds like your a truth seeker... what else can we do but face ourselves...

@Amplituda I like your idea of not getting into any arguments as a way of personal growth. But I'm a person who is more likely to avoid getting into arguments and conflicts. Do you think using this technique could still be helpful for me? I do have a lot of discussions and arguments inside my head hehe... I have been wondering if I should try the opposite and stop avoiding arguments as a way to grow since I think avoidance could also be problematic. 

@LinLin It also applies to internal arguments within your mind. This is much more difficult cause you first need to be AWARE it's happening in your mind and second, let it go... I still don't see much interest in this subject so we might not start is as a group but rather start it on your own and feel free to post updates.