Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Power

Is this a type of meditation?

2 posts in this topic

I was reading about chakras and "inner energy" and I came across a post on some forum website explaining how to control your inner energy (Chi?). I'm pretty skeptical but I was wondering if anybody has heard of this, or if it's just something that someone made up for attention. Right now I'm going through Leo's meditation videos and learning from him, but I found this a little interesting. Here is what the person posted.

"Sit comfortably and put your palms up, resting on your knees. Imagine a waterfall flowing down into your crown, then flowing down into a large pool at your navel. Next imagine two streams flowing out and pooling into your hands. Try to feel it while visualizing, it should feel like heat, almost like an electrical current, but flowing more calmly."

What do you guys think about this?

You can learn some dope healing, channeling and all kinds of shit but you would need a stronger foundation of meditation that builds awareness, concentration and wisdom. Cultivating Chi can be a form of "yoga" but I would have a formal sit everyday of mindfulness (or any kind of meditation where you face the suffering of life head on). If you live by the ocean, meditate and do some chi exercise in the beach so the salt water from the ocean can purify your subtle body.