Ether

Do you take breaks from consciousness work?

16 posts in this topic

I do but i do meditate and am aware all the time doe.

Not anymore.  I don’t do anything anymore.  I just allow whatever happens to happen without the illusion of Ego.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Not anymore.  I don’t do anything anymore.  I just allow whatever happens to happen without the illusion of Ego.

keep being aware...

Yep.  Unchanging awareness.  Getting worn out is Egoic.  You should not be getting affected that way by anything happening in the Dream.  That shows there are still shards of Ego left to be removed.

3 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

The seeker has awakened.

you?

@Joseph Maynor  how are you aware when some incredibly intricate math problem is being worked on (or is happening)? Isn't 'all of you'  involved in that?

1 hour ago, Ether said:

you?

@Ether Haha who me awakened? No, I improvised on this scene from the movie Dune. He may have taken a break from "consciousness work" after this. 

No more break until enlightenment.

Why a break if you didn't even make it ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Ether Peter Ralston says that contemplation should become a part of life, not something you do in your idle time. So yh do consciousness work all the time whenever its appropriate.

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

Maybe not do it when you take a crap.

I fear enlightenment while taking a crap.

Not epic enough for me :ph34r:

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I take the perspective that the desire to take a break from consciousness work can be simplified to be a function of your unconsciousness. Although I don't know whether at times you will make more progress by not doing consciousness work rather than by doing consciousness work. The only possibility that comes to mind for me is that perhaps after a lot of intense draining consciousness work, you need to take a break to let everything you've experiences be better assimilated into your psyche, and you need a break to rest your "mindfulness muscles". If you push yourself too far with consciousness work you might get an "ego backlash". Even if the desire to take a break is a function of unconsciousness, that doesn't necessarily mean that taking a break isn't sometimes good (? /.) 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

10 minutes ago, lmfao said:

I take the perspective that the desire to take a break from consciousness work can be simplified to be a function of your unconsciousness. Although I don't know whether at times you will make more progress by not doing consciousness work rather than by doing consciousness work. The only possibility that comes to mind for me is that perhaps after a lot of intense draining consciousness work, you need to take a break to let everything you've experiences be better assimilated into your psyche, and you need a break to rest your "mindfulness muscles". If you push yourself too far with consciousness work you might get an "ego backlash". 

@lmfao But what if you realized it's all consciousness no matter what the circumstance or perspective?

Yes, take a break and listen a infinity.

4 hours ago, Ether said:

you?

Cetus is awake.  I’m pretty sure.