Philip

What Are Your Top 10 Values ?

54 posts in this topic

1. mental equilibrium (mental peace & calmness) 

2. absolute freedom, e.g not being limited by other people, including the 'loved ones'. 

3. limited connections, partial, almost idealistic, isolation from the masses.  e.g Choosing to communicate only with people that benefit you in one way or other. In other words, no gain, no interest. 

4. productivity & daily effort towards greater success.

5. Being skeptical/questioning everything. e.g questioning the cause, the essence and its value. 

6. dominating every possible space&situation.

7. maintaining  absolute financial independency, e.g never worrying about the bills, food and other needs. 

8. Survivalism. In other words, trying to survive no matter what. My life above everyone and anything else. Even the lovers life. Self-sacrifice is absolutely unacceptable, without any exceptions whatsoever.

9. Self-honesty. In other words, being honest with myself, but not necessarily honest with others. Depending on the case.

10. Taking down my enemies (financial enemies, e.g other companies) silently, undermining their business, and promoting my own over theirs. 

Edited by asgard94

1. Creativity, novelty, and individuality (throwing curve balls)

2. Introspection - depth exploration - harmonizing perspectives

3. Sensuality 

4. Radical self-honesty

5. Truth-seeking - wisdom

6. Excellence and Productivity

7. Authenticity through acceptance of my natural androgyny

8. Mystery and enigma 

9. Iconoclasm, subtle rebellion, and subversion of the status quo

10. Altruism, unconditional love, and compassion

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Honestly my list of values is constantly expanding but my top values are:

1. Freedom 

2. Creativity 

3. Curiosity 

4. Non-conformity

5. Seizing opportunities and discovering more about how amazing life is. 

Edited by Zane

After serious depressing mental-masterbation, I found my top values, but there is still two that I will find out later. Also, I may change some I have in my list. My top values are: 

Faithfullness in Allah 

Willingness to worship Allah

Total responsibility

Excellence in what I do in my life. 

good change 

Positivy no matter what my situation is 

Helping my familly to change their lives 

contribution   :)

- Consciousness

- Personal Growth

- Openmindedness

- Healt

- Assertiveness

- Happiness and Love

- Self Mastery

- Ambition

- Honesty

- Contribution

Happiness
Consciousness
Power
Safety
Pleasure
Purpose
Self respect
Discipline
Truth
Growth

@Emerald Wilkins I LOVE YOUR VALUES!!! I especially love your first, eighth, and ninth value. I realized that we share similar values! 

41 minutes ago, Zane said:

@Emerald Wilkins I LOVE YOUR VALUES!!! I especially love your first, eighth, and ninth value. I realized that we share similar values! 

Thanks. Nice to find a fellow lover of all that's bizarre. :) 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

19 minutes ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

Thanks. Nice to find a fellow lover of all that's bizarre. :) 

I embrace anything that is surreal!! 

In no particular order, my top ten values:

• Peace of mind
  • Truth
  • Openmindedness
  • Respect
  • Individuality
  • Beauty of nature and life
  • Honesty
  • Authenticity
  • Solitude
  • Responsibility

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

Nice with the inspiration from you all.

So today, ten of my values are:

Wisdom

Innocence, being and embracing

Honesty, intimacy and trust

Caring, may be protecting

Solitude, especially in nature: feeling one with earth and space

Mastery, creating

Comfort, feeling good

Openmindedness

Sensuality

Leadership

Edited by Ida

1. Freedom
  2. Commitment
  3. Self-reliance
  4. Honesty
  5. Faith
  6. Wisdom
  7. Optimism
  8. Openmindness
  9. Justice
  10. Beauty

Inner peace 

Love 

money 

hapiness 

security 

personal integrity 

personal dezvoltation 

high self esteem 

reading 

lot of frinds 

@Veggies make me fart I think your weaknesses and life circumstances shouldn't limit you when you choose your values. The only criteria is authenticity. It doesn't need to be a value you are already able to embody.

For example, my first one is consciousness. But am I really conscious ? Not only do I think I'm not that conscious, I don't even know how unconscious I am. Even worse, I don't know if I know how conscious I am ! I'm just a big mess of uncertainty hahaha, but high consciousness still seems like the most fulfilling state I can imagine, so...

Edited by Philip
Semantic mistake

@FindingPeace You seem like you got things handled there, my friend !

If you want to further your search for yourself, you could maybe look at your values again and search for values that overlap.

Did you make sure that Truth, Openmindedness, Authenticity and Honesty don't share too much common ground ? And also, Authenticity and Individuality might mean almost the same thing for some people.

But I don't know, no certainty here, I'm just offering this humble food for thought ;)

@Philip

5 minutes ago, Philip said:

Did you make sure that Truth, Openmindedness, Authenticity and Honesty don't share too much common ground ? And also, Authenticity and Individuality might mean almost the same thing for some people.

You're right, there is overlap. But also there is a small distinction between these values. Perhaps if I look really hard I will see that there are one or two core values that underpin all of the others. The exercise wasn't as straight forward as I thought it ought to have been. I think there is a difference between things that we 'like' verses things that are of true value to us. Sometimes the distinction isn't obvious at first.

Good thread. Interesting to read people's responses.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

35 minutes ago, FindingPeace said:

I think there is a difference between things that we 'like' verses things that are of true value to us. Sometimes the distinction isn't obvious at first.

@FindingPeace Interesting... What do you mean ? Low vs. high consciousness values ? Social conditioning vs. authentic values ? Immediate pleasure vs. long-term fulfillment ? 

Edited by Philip

Hope
Love
Creativity
Flow
Wisdom
Elegance / Simplicity
Autonomy
Community / Connection
Adventure / Spontaneity
Truth / Reality

@Neill Bolton I love your values! My favorite of your values are hope, love, creativity, flow, simplicity, autonomy, community/connection and adventure/spontaneity. 

56 minutes ago, Philip said:

@FindingPeace Interesting... What do you mean ? Low vs. high consciousness values ? Social conditioning vs. authentic values ? Immediate pleasure vs. long-term fulfillment ? 

Now you've put me on the spot. Sometimes I'm not entirely sure what constitues a 'value' over other 'likes' and 'comforts'. Everything you mention above gives good food for thought when it comes to determining one's values. I googled the definition of 'value':

• principles or standards of behaviour; one's judgement of what is important in life.
  • consider (someone or something) to be important or beneficial; have a high opinion of.

I like watching a good movie but do I value it as fundamental to my life? Or what about the comfort of a warm cosy bed after a long tiring day? Or being at one with nature and reality somewhere peaceful and beautiful.

I guess values can come in any form but for me there are the handful of core values that, in the absence of everything else, I choose to identify with and live by. So these would be the high consciousness, authentic and long-term values.