Kevin Dunlop

What have you done to achieve a good relationship?

8 posts in this topic

For those of you who have really atained a healthy relationship that you enjoy, Iam wondering if you can share how you developed this and what you had to change in the process. 

Pick a suitable partner, when you  in a viable state for a long term relationship. 

Going slow is better. In almost all regards. 

Set clear boundaries early and be honest all throughout the relationship. Communication is key. Make sure you understand how to have a productive disagreement, rather than the destructive kind. Promote none sexual activities together, preferably the kind that excludes too much talking. This is to make sure you have classic fun together that restrictive in topic burnout. 

Also do romantic stuff, without spoiling the other person. They should not get unrealistic expectations that you don’t what to meet a year into the relationship. Great sex is of course important.

I've been aware of my own emotions and let go of the need to control or manipulate it.

It was awesome, the relationship. 

However as I didn't want that the relationship continued, it is now over.

On 06/03/2018 at 5:25 PM, Spiral said:

They should not get unrealistic expectations that you don’t what to meet a year into the relationship. 

What do you mean ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 06/03/2018 at 4:25 PM, Spiral said:

Pick a suitable partner, when you  in a viable state for a long term relationship. 

Going slow is better. In almost all regards. 

Set clear boundaries early and be honest all throughout the relationship. Communication is key. Make sure you understand how to have a productive disagreement, rather than the destructive kind. Promote none sexual activities together, preferably the kind that excludes too much talking. This is to make sure you have classic fun together that restrictive in topic burnout. 

Also do romantic stuff, without spoiling the other person. They should not get unrealistic expectations that you don’t what to meet a year into the relationship. Great sex is of course important.

This is exactly what I strive for, this kind of relationship. Respect to each other should always be adhered, wether you disagree on something or not.

Unfortunately, I'm in a relationship where his respect for me fly's out the window when he becomes angry, I've never once lowered myself to his level no matter what. Always keep your self respect and morals.

@Shin How often do you not hear that the relationship was great but then it felt like "the guy kind of took me for granted". The first year is the easiest part. Because you won't keep the effort up, because the hormones stops controlling you.

5 hours ago, Spiral said:

@Shin How often do you not hear that the relationship was great but then it felt like "the guy kind of took me for granted". The first year is the easiest part. Because you won't keep the effort up, because the hormones stops controlling you.

Ok that's clear now thank you :)

I'll just leave this here:

https://www.lehmiller.com/blog/2018/3/9/what-the-most-sexually-satisfied-couples-are-doing-in-bed

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them