Charlotte

Fluoride free toothpaste

38 posts in this topic

@Charlotte Haha, that a story. Its funny, because that was one of the motivators for me to take cold showers!

Cold showers close the pores... But even if the pores are closed or open, water will not come in.

We are not made to absorb water through our skin! Imagine sweating very much when running. All pores are open. Now, your body won't decide to reabsorb the sweat!

And what if you would have to swim in dirty rivers? If you would absorb the water, your body would die from the disease. Freedivers don't get swelled up from water entering their pores...

The point is that the skin is waterproof, so it won't absorb water into the body naturally. Now, you can sit in a hot bath, and your body will sweat, while being affected by the water pressure, only insignificant amounts of water would be absorbed into the skin .. but never into the bloodstream. How would that even be possible?

It came to the point of me taking fewer showers, so I researched a bit and found this out. Don't worry too much about the fluoride when it comes to hygiene. I would say that fixing your drinking water and toothpaste makes 99.99% of the job.

The thing about fluoride is that the toxicity (and calcification of the pineal gland) will only happen when you have excess fluoride. The body can get rid of X amounts of fluoride every day, and if you consume E.g 5X amounts of fluoride every day, then you should expect problems in the long run. When you eliminate fluoride from your toothpaste and drinking water, im sure that you won't have to worry about fluoride ever again!

(Tap water is used for many products, such as soda or concentrated juice, so be careful).

Edited by Igor82

4 hours ago, Charlotte said:

I have heard that over brushing can be harmful with regards to the enamel on your teeth, you can literally brush it away. I'd do what @Igor82 does and rinse with water midday maybe? Or a flouride free mouthwash.

Personally, I brush my teeth in the mornings, with the softest toothbrush I could find, and I rinse my teeth on the evenings after eating. Remember, you want to brush away the plaque, not your enamel!

I see toothpaste/mouthwash as a way to refreshen the breath. I never had any issues with that, so I stay away from them. I doo have a questionable breath in the mornings (I sleep with my mouth taped shut), and it usually diminishes after my morning brush.

here is a good video explaining the enamel issue:

1 hour ago, Igor82 said:

Ignore that ⬆️

Hahahahahahahahahahaha true, it does sound like I'm comparing us to a sponge doesn't it ? I weren't. I've come off really dumb now ? good job I can laugh at myself. 

Yes I've eradicated flouride from my toothpaste and water intake, so not to worry about the shower then ?. Thanks for the reassurance!

And thank you for your information! Very much appreciated ♥️

I think we all at some point have "questionable breath" in the mornings, what a lovely way of putting it ?

I'll watch the video thanks and thanks for sharing your routine. 

Everyday I brush my teeth twice. Is this normal or I need to continue with 1 time? Please let me know. Thanks!

5 hours ago, Charlotte said:

Ignore that ⬆️

Hahahahahahahahahahaha true, it does sound like I'm comparing us to a sponge doesn't it ? I weren't. I've come off really dumb now ? good job I can laugh at myself. 

Yes I've eradicated flouride from my toothpaste and water intake, so not to worry about the shower then ?. Thanks for the reassurance!

And thank you for your information! Very much appreciated ♥️

I think we all at some point have "questionable breath" in the mornings, what a lovely way of putting it ?

I'll watch the video thanks and thanks for sharing your routine. 

You are welcome!!

4 hours ago, lanjero88 said:

Everyday I brush my teeth twice. Is this normal or I need to continue with 1 time? Please let me know. Thanks!

I'm not a dentist but twice is the recommendation :)

On 3/9/2018 at 2:52 PM, Charlotte said:

I have heard that over brushing can be harmful with regards to the enamel on your teeth, you can literally brush it away. I'd do what @Igor82 does and rinse with water midday maybe? Or a flouride free mouthwash.

So you suggest to brush one time per day. Am I right?

Was reading the ingredients of new Colgate toothpaste and noticed as usual a bunch of unnecessary synthetic chemicals but surprisingly no (sodium fluoride) then i notice something. "Sodium Monoflurophosphate" at an extreme high PPM(Parts per million).  Nice try

B R E A T H E

if your afraid of not having white teeth try oil pulling along with the toothpaste. its amazing, you can actually see results of it pulling out toxins (every time i restarted oil-pulling after a very long pause, a mouth ulcer/canker sore would appear on my inner cheek)

2 hours ago, pluto said:

Was reading the ingredients of new Colgate toothpaste and noticed as usual a bunch of unnecessary synthetic chemicals but surprisingly no (sodium fluoride) then i notice something. "Sodium Monoflurophosphate" at an extreme high PPM(Parts per million).  Nice try

? Well spotted. 

I'm doing just fine with my natural toothpaste. Dentist appointment due soon and I'm not going to say a word about using flouride free untill the end of the appointment :ph34r:

@moon777light I don't know if I'll be able to handle the consistent without gipping (boaking/being sick)

How did you manage it?

Thanks for tip ❤️

32 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

? Well spotted. 

I'm doing just fine with my natural toothpaste. Dentist appointment due soon and I'm not going to say a word about using flouride free untill the end of the appointment :ph34r:

@moon777light I don't know if I'll be able to handle the consistent without gipping (boaking/being sick)

How did you manage it?

Thanks for tip ❤️

np :) what do you mean with the gipping?

35 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Hard to explain... Like regurgitation? 

hmm i never knew that people can regurgitate from oil pulling, its just swishing oil around in your mouth for 10+ min.  If you swish with coconut oil you shouldnt have any problems. I used to do olive oil but kinda tasted bad in the beginning and the whitening effect was less.

@moon777light it's not so much the taste but the texture I think I'll struggle to handle O.o

I'll try regardless, thank you ❤️

I heard some people mention oil pulling or swishing with wheatgrass or supergreen powder like spirulina/chlorella helps remineralize their teeth and cavities filled up over time. I also heard just coconut pulling alone paired with healthy diet too but yeah thought i would share that.

Here is another method people said works

B R E A T H E

25 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@pluto cheers plutes (cheeky nickname there ?) 

Like glutes >.<

B R E A T H E