Fountainbleu

Is enlightenment safe for someone with TBI (brain injury)?

38 posts in this topic

Hi, so since reading the Power of Now it's the best I've ever felt since my near fatal vehicle accident, which I sustained a severe traumatic brain injury many years ago. Let me tell you, few people truly know what it means to suffer at this level. Debilitating anxiety, insomnia, anger, and permanent personality changes like dissociation just to name a few. I think with the amount of suffering I had it'll be easier for me to achieve enlightenment, as eckhart tolle says, I've had an accelerated awakening experience. So I've read on these forums as you start going through the awakening process one sometimes feels extremely lost, confused, and just a sense of poor wellbeing. This is a normal state for someone with a brain injury, so let's say multiply that by 100, I don't know if I'll be able to handle it. What do you guys think? I really want to continue on the path of enlightenment but am afraid of making my condition worst than it already is. Any feedback would be much appreciated. 

Difficult, to be honest. It pretty much depends on how you will individually react to occurrences of smaller insights and revelations because merely talking about enlightenment on a conceptual level and actually experiencing it - experiencing how everything you ever thought to be true is wrong, the person who you always thought to be isn't even real and, well...that the whole world turns out to be completely turned upside down and inside out...that's very differernt, let me tell you. Some people may find great relief in that, others will be freaked out so much that they're ready to be admitted to a mental institution. In the end it's a "personal" choice. If you really want to become enlightened and find out about so many weird and wonderful things, then you will - on the other hand, in case you're not ready for it, life will also present you that part of it. 

Edited by DocHoliday
Grammar

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

The good news is that brains don't exist according to Leo so there is no injury to aggravate :-)

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

@Ether Yes it is, but don't be so quick to throw this conclusion out there... it is only the absence or end of suffering once you got past the revelations you had. If you can't handle them, you're fucked.

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

Thanks but I'm talking in the literal sense. Please let's not get off topic :)

@Ether yes I know there's no suffering after enlightenment but before yes, hence my question. 

@Fountainbleu you got to see there is nothing wrong with suffering and you got to accept it without it being a means to an end.

I agree with you but that's not what I'm asking. Maybe reread my post. 

@Fountainbleu My heart goes out to you, this seems terrible. And I honestly have no idea. On one hand I'd like to say if suffering is already enormous there isn't much to lose in trying to learn to cope better, on the other hand there can be some tough times on the enlightenment path depending on how you guy about it and how deep you go. I kinda wanna say go for it, because if you do make it it is absolutely worth it. Please message me if you want to talk about it, maybe I can help. I hope I can.

@Fountainbleu Like reading The Power of Now and feeling better, keep going in that direction. In terms of meditation, neti neti, and self inquiry, do what you can do, as you can do it, for the immediate relaxation, freedom, and awareness of it. It would be advisable to anyone seeking enlightenment, to be present now, and not in thought about obtaining a future state. I wish you well in your continued healing and recovery.

Simply listening to contemporary YouTube teachers is also helpful. If you are feeling low, Abe Hicks, Elkhart Tolle or Mooji might be ideal. If you are feeling well and looking for the insights, try Rupert Spira, etc. If you are feeling on top of the world and can handle an existential kick in the groin, check out Leo Gura. (Jk)

As you know, miraculous healings are very real, sometimes they take time, sometimes they are spontaneous. Perhaps you are an example of one already ❤️

It might be useful to feel out the forum, and private message someone that you feel resonance with, and conversation with them. It may look like addressing each concern slowly, realizing one step at a time, and it might take a while. This place is loaded with people aiming to help people. 

My opinion, if The Power of Now moved you, you can become enlightened. You can realize that you are whole already. I believe you can. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

@Fountainbleu Like reading The Power of Now and feeling better, keep going in that direction. In terms of meditation, neti neti, and self inquiry, do what you can do, as you can do it, for the immediate relaxation, freedom, and awareness of it. It would be advisable to anyone seeking enlightenment, to be present now, and not in thought about obtaining a future state. I wish you well in your continued healing and recovery.

Simply listening to contemporary YouTube teachers is also helpful. If you are feeling low, Abe Hicks, Elkhart Tolle or Mooji might be ideal. If you are feeling well and looking for the insights, try Rupert Spira, etc. If you are feeling on top of the world and can handle an existential kick in the groin, check out Leo Gura. (Jk)

As you know, miraculous healings are very real, sometimes they take time, sometimes they are spontaneous. Perhaps you are an example of one already ❤️

It might be useful to feel out the forum, and private message someone that you feel resonance with, and conversation with them. It may look like addressing each concern slowly, realizing one step at a time, and it might take a while. This place is loaded with people aiming to help people. 

My opinion, if The Power of Now moved you, you can become enlightened. You can realize that you are whole already. I believe you can. 

I want to see the face of love now.

?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

@Shin It’s a simple two step process.  Can you let go of the concept of it, and do you have a mirror?

❤️?

I mean you smartass ! ?

God is love

And God in them

8 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Shin BAHAHAAHAHAAAHAAA

This is not funny show yourself ! ?

God is love

And God in them