Ray

Best Guided Concentration Meditation Series?

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

I was looking for some cool series/set of guided meditation.

I've done too much of the same kind of meditation recently and I got bored asf (9 month of anapana... fml ahahah). So yeah, I was looking for some kind of concentration meditation series, like the Vipassana ones from Goenka, ideally from like a good teacher. In this period I don't to do super existential and soul cracking stuff, so yeah more focus/concentration ones are what I'm looking for. I've played around w headspace recently... cool but if I can found something that it's cooler it would be great; again ideally a series from a good teacher. Ofc after this "pause" w guided ones I will go back to more unguided ones.

So yeah, if you know some cool series or set or guided concentration meditation please let me know :)

What is drawing you to guided meditation, exactly?

A willingness to differentiate my practice for a period and the fact that I've like the guided concentrations meditation that I've recently done w headspace.

Have you ever tried doing it unguided before?

The reason I ask is that guided mediation has it's place for sure, and I started off using Headspace, but when I became more experienced I felt the desire to just do it alone as the guided ones were mechanical and using my mind, the opposite of what I want it to do during meditation.

For me, sitting in stillness and allowing thoughts to come and go (and emotions) with no attachment to them is more beneficial as you're not using the mind, it's not being interrupted at all, but simply allowing it to be and you acting as the observer to it, and the body with emotions.

But, guided meditations do have their place.  There is no 'right' or 'wrong' in what I'm saying.

Edited by OEN

I've been doing 3 year of meditation now w different styles (do nothing, vipassana, anapana, mindfulness etc...). This guided meditation thing it will be a period; I've said it in the first post, please read it again; and if you have some suggestion regarding my actual question I would be glad to hear them :)

heyyy people! anyone know a good series?