Rob06

How to Plan Your Life (Day/Week/Year) - Strategic Motherfucker part II

3 posts in this topic

So I've got a big juicy vision for my live. I've got my goals for the next 10 to 20 years, for the next 3 years, for this year, even for the coming 3 months. I'm going to make a big impact in the world. I'm gonna sing songs for polar bears with ADHD, teach evil dictators how to meditate, and turn Mars into Earth's vegitable garden.

But how do I plan this stuff and follow up on this planning? How do I make a create a year planning, a month planning, a week planning? Which tools can I use? How do I get back on track when I back slide and how do I prevent this from happening? How do I deal with and adapt to road blocks and unexpected life situations that mess up my planning? How many hours a week should I work? How much time should Iplan to rest? How do I combine private stuff with work/life purpose stuff? How do I plan it all?

This is still something I haven't figured out completely, and I have the feeling there are many more struggling with this (especially younger people). Nobody ever taught me this stuff in school! o.O If I would be a better planner, I feel I would become way more productive (duh!). A comprehensive how to plan your life guide would be very welcome.

Reverse engineer it.

Wanna meditate with dictators? First you gotta learn to meditate, so schedule an hour a day for you to practice.

Then you gotta learn to teach, find a way to schedule that.

Then you gotta learn the psychology of dictators, they won't listen if they don't understand you, find a way to schedule that.

Then you gotta befriend dictators, find a way to schedule that.

And you're done!

You keep asking "how" to do these things. Sometimes someone won't be around to tell you. Most of the time actually. Figure it out fr yourself. Learn to reverse engineer things.