Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vipassana

Psychedelic experiences on High dose edibles?

11 posts in this topic

is it just me or is consuming some high quality medical edibles completely mind fucks you. I've had samadhi experiences and some non dual glimpses. I dont take them lot because the chocolate / fat aspect completely ruins the experience however i've had some made with hemp milk. I've faced scary shit when i was on edibles specially when my body wasn't in a good state. any body else?

@Vipassana It's been a few years since I've messed around with edibles but I definitely went to another realm the last time I ate one. I had visions of / embodied a brick in a wall during the Roman Empire and felt like the house I was in was the only place I had ever been. Can't recall much else outside my X-girlfriend (who also ate devil brownie) asking me if we were going to be alright. Lol. 

Edibles seem to be a "cleaner" trip than smoked cannabis. Less cloudiness and more lucidity. I would venture to say that edible cannabis is more psychedelic than people give it credit for in my experience - but I don't think it can effectively be used for consciousness work. Too wonky and spaced out. Nothing really sticks. However, if you are looking for some bat-shit mystical experience, they might be a quality candidate. 

I remember having had a 'space cake' when I was like 17/18, (about ten years ago) but it was waay more than I could handle. I went straight to my bed to lie down for a couple of hours because it was so intense. Ive had shroom trips before but this wasnt anything like it.

After struggling a bit I remember how I was suddenly able to control my entire experience. Visually, but also my feelings. If I wanted to feel sad, I could. If I wanted to feel the most intense love I had ever felt, I could too. And so I did. At this point in life I wasnt even interested in anything spiritual, I probably didnt even know about it at all... But here I was, a 17 year old kid blissed the fuck out by accident.

I dont think it was anything like samhadi or whatever, but I remember feeling like a God. I could imagine anything and then instantly experience it within my mind. As an artist, I have never again been able to express my creativity so clearly. It was like a lucid dream. But more lucid than a dream could ever be. Like, imagine the most beautiful painting there is, and boom... there it is. Right in front of you. Really profound. 

Edited by DoubleYou

Yes there's definitely more psychedelic nature in edibles, although if you are using the right fats(coconut oil/lecithin) ect.. and real chocolate(raw cacao) it will be amplified even more and deeper experience as cacao and the right fats enhance absorption and effects due to the chemical nature of the chocolate it will create a synergistic effect because cacao has many unique feel-good chemicals when its unprocessed. Making with unhealthy processed fats and chocolate will definitely not be as pure.

B R E A T H E

@Vipassana I've tripped out on smoked marijuana, the spirit of weed was face to face with me and it was pointing out my selfishness. Like REALLY pointing out my selfishness.

yes, a high dose with low tolerance in the right set/setting will take you far away, me and my friend call it "psychedelic bootcamp" because if you can handle that, your WAY more prepared for LSD.

It has to be done rarely to truly get the most out of it though, good motivation to not abuse it!

@Ry4n I only discovered weeds powerful effects after using lsd. Lsd has definitely altered my experience of weed.

@WhatAWondefulWorld ahahah dude I totally feel you on that one, especially if the setting is right, daytime use with the right energy level puts me in that same expansive headspace as LSD, great for integration.