Noah

Low Self Worth

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I recently came to the realization that I have low self worth. This realization was pretty shocking to me because I'm a very productive and driven person, and I never really thought about self worth. But after this realization so much made sense, but it also depressed me for a bit, and still does to an extent (it's pretty recent). I think many factors have led to this low self worth, one major factor being my stutter, which I've had my entire life (I'm 17 years old).

I started to read Psycho-Cybernetics (from Leo's book list) which I'm hoping will help, as it deals a lot with self image and changing subconscious beliefs.

Does anyone have any tips for how to deal with this? I would really appreciate any insights, or just hearing another person's story.

Thank you.

- Noah

@Noah Are you sure you’ve had the stutter since birth? I’ve seen videos of people much older who psychologically undo it miraculously. Have you seen these? What do you think of them? 

Having a period of self worth trouble in pretty normal at 17 imo. Confidence in self worth will build if you stay in the direction of becoming completely responsible for your self and your actions. In truth, you’re already enough, and you always have been. If that’s hard to accept, win the thought game, just a little bit better and honest thought at a time. Aim for mental equanimity. Spend some time without distraction contemplating that just that you are is enough of a total mindf’n miracle to rejoice in. Just sitting in silence is an impossibly possible phenomenon. Even standing up from a chair is amazing.  Also, honesty and integrity are key to self worth. Meditation helps slow down the thinking, making it easier to slow down and be more on purpose & truthful in relationships. Practicing self inquiry leads to a place where self worth is no longer an issue at all. Also, good posture can’t be underestimated, it changes our physiology and outlook. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE