littleBIG

Possible to surpass my physical limits? (skateboarding)

24 posts in this topic

sorry if this comment is a little random just popping in from seeing your title - 

for me, I think of limits according to their boundary rather than what meets them. i'm not exactly sure that that really captured the nuance,,, for me, when conceptualizing things and words and ideas, I am pretty free to let the boundary that limits its meaning to be minimal if not completely irrelevant, and make metaphors between things really easy.

and when I saw the question regarding skateboarding and physical limits.. well there is two aspects and the one is what you will not pass, and what right now you could not pass if you tried, or might hurt yourself if you did. but the other aspect is the limit of what you think. And negotiating between those two aspects of a limit is what I am trying to address with my post. 

so for example for me, I have often been very easy to ignore the definition or belief as I compare two things as metaphors, but also I've been the same for me in setting myself out to do some task or believing my body or mental capacity could handle some endeavor, only to wear myself out and give up out of exhaustion pain or something along that line. So I have to practice being realistic, and not confusing the dream with the capabilities, 

that it is inevitable that we grow. even when we are close to the maximum possible we still grow (or lose our stregth) over time, and so often for someone at the limit to their body - they don't actually hit it but wax and wane near it through practice and etc. 

so how to surpass your physical limits - I anticipate you ask that because you see others who have passed your limits and want to find that too. And I also wonder if you are needing the opposite side of the two aspects I mentioned - that you are too realistic to what you can/cannot do, and not willing to negotiate with that limit to push it. To grow in the way optimized for health of the improvement - so you both improve but also don't destroy yourself doing it - one needs to be aware of what their limit is, and when they meet it, push it without breaking it. And keep doing that, each time proving to themselves they can be stronger, but at the same time building that strength itself. 

Hopefully this 3-minute thoughtdump was meaningful to you! best regards! 

Ester Hicks refers to this practice as prepaving. Worth looking into. I’ve practiced this for many years and it is more effective than action.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Try deliberate pratice or purpose full pratice it's not about how much you do it but how you do it when you do it its also how experts pratice

i may be wrong but i think what leo refers to is explained in this video just mentioned it in case anyone wanted to know more about it 

Edited by BjarkeT

be precise on what it feels like to perform this trick correctly, then visualize it i guess

I've changed my account password to something I don't remember. 

I do not support actualized.org anymore

goodluck