Viking

changing diet too fast?

16 posts in this topic

I watched Leo's vid on what foods to eat and not to eat. My diet was pretty clean already, I just had to drop wheat, dairy and sugar. In the morning I eat 3 eggs sometimes with avocado, later if im hungry oatmeal with salt and water with an apple, on lunch a bowl of rice and for dinner a huge salad. inbetween I eat a lot of fruits.

its been about a week since the change and I have mild belly cramps, mild diarrhea and mild sickness sometimes. everything managable.

I wonder if its caused by the fast change in fiber intake. what do you think?

It was pretty easy for me to change my diet (though i miss cookies with milk) so I thought I would change it right away, and not over a long period of time. I did that because I thought the long period advice was to get used with the mental game, and not that much with the physical game.

will this pass?

Try eliminating grains (oatmeal and rice), they are not health foods. 

Yep i almost killed myself few times changing too fast, Everything must be done one step at a time. Although you are less likely to suffer if you go from bad to good but from good to bad then its going to be hell.

B R E A T H E

@Maxvlad Hmm oatmeal is bad now too?

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

Changing your diet abruptly can definitely lead to gastrointestinal issues.  Your body just needs time to develop the proper enzymes and learn how to digest the new mixture of foods you're feeding it.

And yes, unfortunately oatmeal is a suspect food (as are all grains, to varying degrees, since they are relatively new in the humanity's diet).  Would be best to quit consuming it for a while, then consider reintroducing it in the future to see if it has any negative effects. 

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

I have also started to change my diet , i have been doing experiment and you should also do this , as per me you  should focus on those food which can  keep your energy level high and make you feel good  , eat whatever food has been suggested by leo and you can also read 150 healthest food on earth , today i ate millet  chickpea flour chapati it is nit good i am feeling heavy stomach if whenever i eat spanich,broccoli , watercress with ? carrot, tomato, it give me best result 

For consciousness work i highly recommend spanich broccoli and watercress such foods will definitely bring best changes , really , when you body would nit be okey and you have heavy stomach and you will resist the work , i have avoided wheat but wheat, dairy and outside food ,but it is  not ,try and see which foods help you to keep your energy high 

And i bought p.r egg it didn't suit to my body so i started taking almonds ,  experience must be done for finding best food for your body , i encourage you eat  raw spanich, carrot , broccoli and tomato ,beet root  try it ,in morning and lunch time and eat 1 time whatever yiu can eat brown rice or oats  , eat less fruit and take more veg. Because fruit contains sugar not much but still veg. More better 

I don’t think rice is really thaaaat bad. I eat it almost every day for dinner and I feel great afterwards. Limiting yourself too much is like torture, as we need variety in our diets to not get bored. 

But yeah, staying away from wheat and dairy is obviously a great move. 

I just can’t give up black tea, which is a shame! 

It will pass. Drink probiotic juices, antioxidants, Lemon, Ginger, Turmeric, Honey, Pepper, smoothies, spirulina. I have a terrible diet however when i consume the foods above on an empty stomach, I'm completely mind blown by the subtle healing effects and in a day or two you'll have a healthy gut

Just try soaking your grains for a while before eating. I always soak my oats overnight. 

@Vipassana you’re right about turmeric! It clears me out and I feel lighter and god-like after a glass of hot water, lemon and turmeric.

Can’t praise it enough!

@Viking I have been really into nutrition lately, so I have been changing diet 2 times. First time to vegetarian, second to raw plant-based. Although now I sometimes eat cooked vegetables, I try to minimize that. The trick is to make a short fast between diets. For example, I ate certain meals as a vegetarian, and when I felt confident enough I started a 3 day fast, ending the fast with a watermelon, then eating plant-based meals after that. That was about four months ago, and it has taken me a lot of trial and error, and some deficiencies to refine. Now it's mostly bad habits that are hindering me from only basing my calories solely from fruit.

It has appeared no gastrointestinal problems for me when doing this. My hypothesis is that the healthy food drops down, and faces the roadblock of the old shit in the assimilation process, and so that combination will cause some disturbances, but I'm not too sure. But if I was able to transition smoothly from egg and bread to bananas and mangoes with a fast, then the problem must lie in the old garbage in your intestines.

Edited by Igor82

On 2018-03-05 at 10:40 PM, Igor82 said:

@Viking I have been really into nutrition lately, so I have been changing diet 2 times. First time to vegetarian, second to raw plant-based. Although now I sometimes eat cooked vegetables, I try to minimize that. The trick is to make a short fast between diets. For example, I ate certain meals as a vegetarian, and when I felt confident enough I started a 3 day fast, ending the fast with a watermelon, then eating plant-based meals after that. That was about four months ago, and it has taken me a lot of trial and error, and some deficiencies to refine. Now it's mostly bad habits that are hindering me from only basing my calories solely from fruit.

It has appeared no gastrointestinal problems for me when doing this. My hypothesis is that the healthy food drops down, and faces the roadblock of the old shit in the assimilation process, and so that combination will cause some disturbances, but I'm not too sure. But if I was able to transition smoothly from egg and bread to bananas and mangoes with a fast, then the problem must lie in the old garbage in your intestines.

Is this some kind of high carb diet? Do you eat nuts or seeds?

@DefinitelyNotJack no, i eat rice, oatmeal, vegetables, buckwheat

edit: realized the question wasnt directed to me lol

Edited by Viking

@DefinitelyNotJack Yes. Mainly carbs. Its called the Fruitarian diet, where you try to exclude nuts. Similar diets are also called:

• the 90/5/5 diet,
  • (or the 80/10/10),
  • Raw plant-based, 
  • and Slow Carb.
    @Viking The difference between grains and fruit is that fruit is more hydrating, contains more optimal fibers, minerals, and vitamins. They are easier to digest, and they are more satisfying overall. Sugar is a big component of feeling satiated, that's why people crave desserts after meals, even though they already have topped their calorie intake. 

Guys, take this with a grain of salt, do the research if you want to change diets. Don't follow solely my advice.