daniel695

Intuitive feeling about not taking psychosis medication

10 posts in this topic

i have this intuitive feeling that i should stop taking my psychosis medication. ive had this feeling since last year. i feel it on my chest that taking the medication is not the path for me. i know that not taking the medication could make me relapse but its whats meant to happen is what i feel. 

during leos latest video (My Deepest Awakening Yet - Becoming Infinite) when his talking but him having intuitive feeling not to take a certain path and how he followed it it triggered me and urged me to do the same.

what do you guys think should i follow my heart?!

im not scared to relapse and actually looking forward to it. right now in my life i feel numbed i don't know  if its the medication or the headache i have.

i'v  had dreams about not taking the medication

i'm scared to tell my parents and the doctors because their all worried about me and want me to take the medication

i really want to follow my heart as its the best path to take and better long term outcome.

thank you for taking the time to read my post. peace 

@daniel695 Lol, im with a similiar path! Im also taking anti psycosys medication and im thinking of quitting. Im already on the lowest dose

I never took mine, i'm so glad i didn't because my peers that did are not the same people they used to be when we were younger and now that i am educated enough in healthy to know how damaging they are overtime. Follow your heart, follow your soul.

Stick to herbal supplements in the meantime. Nature will not leave nasty side effects or eat your brain from inside out.

B R E A T H E

I stopped taking antidepressant medication after a similar intuitive hit as you had. I was so freaked out that something bad would happen that I committed myself to go through a very strict routine. I felt like I was in a boot camp during that time. 

My biggest reason for stopping was because I wanted to try psychedelics. And, man, was it worth it! 

I stopped taking the med in October 2016 and I had my first trip on Feb 2017. It was so life-transforming, much more powerful than any med, or psychotherapy conversation... 

I feel like insanity waves come when I overwhelm myself with shit, more that I can handle. But if I am living a pretty laid-back lifestyle, I really don't fear getting mad. I also took anti-psychotic, but for a very short period of time. 

I think the best advice in your case is, if you choose to stop with the medication, keep your calm in the upcoming days, weeks, and even months. Your mind will come up with many questionable rationalizations, and it might tell you, "Oh! You are feeling like that because you have stopped taking the medication." But in my case, I am pretty sure that I myself was responsible for so-called withdrawal effects. I created my own neurosis because I had stopped that thing. 

Today's psychiatry will be laughed at in the future. It's so underdeveloped... It is still very young... 

I totally get this.  My question to you is what supports would you like to see in place for yourself that would help you release the fear of relapse?  If I was feeling paranoid about what my doc and parents thought, I would feel so unsupported!  I am not criticizing them, or encouraging you not to trust them, but perhaps you can brainstorm some people that you can talk this out with and have regular conversations with, even if they are about whatever, doesn't have to be a therapist.  Are you interested in joining some sort of group or team that could keep you grounded?  What do you do to work out your problems? What triggers you, and what will help you most with this?  What do you need to feel confident moving forward?

I quit my depression meds a long time ago... and I am definitely on your side and rooting for you.  Not gonna say I avoided depression completely after the fact, but I did learn a lot about how the mind and the world work as a result.

I also hate that therapists have a bad rap.  I read one-flew-over the cuckoos nest as a kid, so I avoided anything to do with psychologists like the plague, but that's so not reality.  Some therapists suck, but there are definitely bomb one's too.  Therapy is fun, and it's like the only kosher place in the world where you are actually encouraged to complain about life, and where you have someone who gives a shit enough to validate your emotions and help you figure out a way to empower yourself.

There's also multiple healing modalities that incorporate the same principles and the same loving care, if you know how to look for them, but start with therapy.

Medications are not magic, they are just numbing you until you figure out what to change in order to be able to live without them. So if you want out, do your research about how to handle without medication, be confident and show that confidence to your family and doctors, if they care they wouldn't stop you. They are only afraid because they think you are gonna get out of control and harm yourself or others. 

Of course it is hard at first and you'd feel naked without the pills, but if you stick with a plan which includes becoming aware most of the times you are getting close to being messed up, you're gonna be fine. 

If you were diagnosed with Borderline or even if you were not, other than doing deep personal actualization, try the DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy). Works amazingly for me. 

I just got off 5 medications:

• 20 mg Adderall XR (I'm 22 and have been on ADHD medication since I was 5 years old
  • 300 mg Lithium (actually super low dose)
  • 10 mg Abilify
  • 40 mg Prozac
  • 40 mg Lamicitil

What you need to understand is that things won't all of a sudden get better just from getting off these medications. What I got really tired of is hearing people who haven't ever taken any of these medications for years on end either saying I need to stay on them or making up stories about getting off them and then things will get better and what not. I got off my medications because I could see it wasn't doing anything. Simple as that. 

I can't stress enough the fact that you need to discard all fantasies you have about how things will be better once you get off these medications. No. If anything, be prepared for things to get worse in the beginning. I'm suffering huge mental and emotional fallout right now now that I'm off. You've had a tool that hasn't allowed you to be aware of all the stuff that's going on inside. I cry every single day and have huge mental and emotional meltdowns and haven't even been able to read books, apply for jobs, etc. because of this. I've been in a huge depressive slump right now. 

That all being said, understand that if you take the right actions to work on yourself inside, then you will see results from being off of medication. However, if you're not committed to doing that inner work (with assistance from others too) or your life situation isn't stable enough yet, then my 2 cents is to wait and get your basic needs handled.  

@daniel695 My friend, i dont know how severe your psychosis is but I am against any medicine they offer for mental "disorders".

Personally, i am a weird form of OC without the fucking D and they offered me many times antidepressants and all these kind of bullshit.Psychologists and psychiatrists offer no help to anybody.They make things worse y telling you that you are not "normal".There is not normal, nor good nor bad.All these are labels.There just IS.Maybe we can never treat our problems fully, or maybe we can.But DEFINATELY medicine makes things worse.

I suggest you work on your diet, sleep, addictions and general lifestyle.Go run and train.Take care of your body and meditate as much as you can.Accept yourself and have faith because everything will be okay.You will heal.Just stay away from these doctors :P

Best medication is Breath and physical agony. Don't run from pain and reality, leads to death.