Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stevegan928

Where Can I Learn To Be A Self Sufficient Gardener?

4 posts in this topic

Do any of you know some type of school I could attend that would teach me how to be entirely self sufficient and not reliant on society/modern civilization in order to survive? I don't have faith in modern society, I genuinely believe the "shit will hit the fan" in my lifetime, It could be tomorrow, a year from now, or 30 years from now. I wanna be ready, I don't wanna be a "preper" in the traditional sense where I carry guns and stuff, I just wanna transition to a lifestyle that is sustainable independent of how fucked the world is. What's the point in life purpose and career if it's all destroyed by an EMP or economic collapse? Nothing wrong with those things but just be aware of how fragile western civilization actually is and how your career most likely depends on western civilization staying intact.

I just wanna tend to my garden and my consciousness while society rips it's self to shreds.     

@stevegan928 Leo’s life purpose course. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@stevegan928 Yeah you gonna have to move to a jungle or a mountain or a cave or sth to not worry about anything in the world and oh how peaceful  would that be but too impossible sounding. don't get discouraged though I guess there are smarter ways of doing that .

and also wanting to learn that from a school , yet another dependence , sounds absurd . you can do all that all by yourself if you want it's not impossible.

I saw someone on TV once . He had moved to the mountains after his mother had died and I guess he couldn't bare it and became kind of crazy so he went there and made himself a house under a willow tree and found a way to direct the water coming the mountain to his house and for food I don't remember exactly what he ate I guess some small animals that he would hunt or maybe fruits and he also didn't need electricity or anything . his clothes were completely jungle-like . it was funny seeing such people exist .