MarkusSweden

Go for purpose, not joy!

22 posts in this topic

Although I love Osho, he's absolutely wrong here.  

He seem to advocate joyful activities like dance, song, love, beauty and other nonsense that doesn't serve any purpose at all!

If children are this deluded, that's not the end of the world, but any grownup should know better.

Joy doesn't bring food to the table and doesn't give you an authoritarian personality for other people to respect.     

To any sane man, life is about having a real purpose, to take responsibility, to bring control and order to society in exchange for other peoples respect! 

A man who stands by his life purpose in a stoic way without being mislead to happiness will gain good reputation, much so deserved. 

That's a man to honour, worthy of his status, a man who refuse all that joy-nonsense to stand proud by his purpose instead.   

Apparently, even the big masters that we tend to respect the most, like Osho, can be wrong sometimes.. 

..here's an example of that. This was really a bad day at work for Osho, to say the least. 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

3 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

To any sane man life is about having a real purpose, to take responsibility, to bring control and order to society in exchange for other peoples respect! 

This is a recipe for misery.

Isn't wisdom enjoying things you need to do for your own good? :) 

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

41 minutes ago, Hsinav said:

This is a recipe for misery.

@MarkusSweden Both is fine. When you are fully aware of the illusory situation of reality, it’s clear there is no purpose anywhere in the universe. This illusion is nothing more than something to do, because you’re eternal. Joy will inspire. Life goes quickly, it is better to contemplate joy in your experience, than purpose for others now, than in hindsight.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Is it wrong to say we can have a little bit of both?

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

Joy can not be gone after. To go after joy is to diminish joy to mere pleasure. Joy can never be cultivated through the movement of becoming.  Joy is beauty, joy is freedom, freedom is compassion, compassion is love. 

Joy is only when the entity who ‘goes after’ ceases.  ?

6 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Joy can not be gone after. To go after joy is to diminish joy to mere pleasure. Joy can never be cultivated through the movement of becoming.  Joy is beauty, joy is freedom, freedom is compassion, compassion is love. 

Joy is only when the entity who ‘goes after’ ceases.  ?

kr39.jpg

@MarkusSweden, I care nothing about respect or honor or purpose.  I'll stick with joy and happiness...thank you.

BTW, I have a job I enjoy and with the money I get from it...I never go hungry.  So it is possible for joy to bring food to the table.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

24 minutes ago, eputkonen said:

@MarkusSweden, I care nothing about respect or honor or purpose.  I'll stick with joy and happiness...thank you.

BTW, I have a job I enjoy and with the money I get from it...I never go hungry.  So it is possible for joy to bring food to the table.

?

«control»

«respect»

257wg5.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

19 minutes ago, Shin said:

«control»

«respect»

257wg5.jpg

hahahahahaha, enlightenment memes, man, i swear

The stoic, good reputation man part made me laugh out loud. How do you think that serves you in any other way, than strengthened ego and even more delusional worldview?

1 minute ago, ADD said:

The stoic, good reputation man part made me laugh out loud. How do you think that serves you in any other way, than strengthened ego and even more delusional worldview?

Exactly

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H