billiesimon

Social Justice warriors and enlightenment

71 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Saumaya said:

I was kind of joking. I genuinely want to attend college but I will start looking into some niches to get into.

Thanks for the advice

?

You could do both. I agree with you that specialization is important. But, you could start exploring your niche now. It will help in the specialization. 

20 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

?

You could do both. I agree with you that specialization is important. But, you could start exploring your niche now. It will help in the specialization. 

Ill see what I can do :)

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

@billiesimon

Lol...

The irony is... THEY ARE YOU!

8 hours ago, billiesimon said:

In my humble opinion they are extremely far away from enlightenment and acceptance of people.

Talking about yourself there? ;)

See how your devilish mind ignores your own hatred and dislike of people, exteriorizing the problem?

Enlightenment means, everything is you. Nothing can be rejected or criticized, ever. Everything is as it must be, including all the "evil", ignorance, anything you personally dislike.

How can you awaken to infinite love when you refuse to accept SJWs? How you gonna accept something far more sinister, like terrorists or school shooters or serial killers?

All of them are YOU! So what you're doing is rejecting aspects of yourself that you don't like. Which creates suffering and agitation in you. Why you let a SWJ disturb your peace?

To an enlightened person there is no such thing as SWJs. There is only Absolute Infinity, the total perfection of reality exactly as it arises.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Nexeternity said:

@Leo Gura  You sound like Jesus, love it!

We need to buy him a wig.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@billiesimon

Lol...

The irony is... THEY ARE YOU!

Talking about yourself there? ;)

See how your devilish mind ignores your own hatred and dislike of people, exteriorizing the problem?

Enlightenment means, everything is you. Nothing can be rejected or criticized, ever. Everything is as it must be, including all the "evil", ignorance, anything you personally dislike.

How can you awaken to infinite love when you refuse to accept SJWs? How you gonna accept something far more sinister, like terrorists or school shooters or serial killers?

All of them are YOU! So what you're doing is rejecting aspects of yourself that you don't like. Which creates suffering and agitation in you. Why you let a SWJ disturb your peace?

To an enlightened person there is no such thing as SWJs. There is only Absolute Infinity, the total perfection of reality exactly as it arises.

Thanks a lot for the response, Leo!!

Yes, i get it. In fact terrorism triggers me even worse LOL. I freak the fuck out with terrorists.

I rationally understand that everything is the oneness, since I follow you and am starting this actualization process, but I still have a strong ego, and like to detach myself from those who commit certain hateful acts.

And i get it, it's a self deception, but I still can't get it emotionally lol.

It's a very deep reply, I appreciate it.

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

@billiesimon Yes, you will need a few enlightenment experiences to really get it.

But you can burn the candle from both ends. You don't need enlightenment to start to see the truth of this.

Just using very simple common sense you can introspect and see that the reason you dislike SJWs or terrorists is because they conflict with your self-agenda. Whatever ideology or ideals you hold about the world, they disturb that. Right? But obviously your ideology and ideals are purely subjective and selfish. They have nothing to do with the universal perspective. Obviously the universe must like SJWs and terrorists because it created them! See?

So you can just start practicing more acceptance and less judgment of people who impinge on your self-agenda. Notice that mostly what you do in life is try to advance and defend your self-agenda. Just start noticing that and slowly let go of your need to do that. Yes, it will be uncomfortable and scary. But that is real growth. You are starting to relate to the world in a new way.

Have you tried asking yourself, "What good might these SWJ's be doing? What larger purpose might they be serving in the universe? Could they have some good intentions? What if I was a SWJ in a past life?" And then try to be compassionate about them. If you think they are ignorant, then be compassionate towards that ignorance. You and them have a lot in common. There's plenty of ignorance on all sides. So rather than playing the blame game, try to see the situation from an elevated perspective. Would a sage go on a rant against SJW's? How would sage act? How would a sage think?

And here's a real eye opener for ya: Does Jordan Peterson look happy and blissful when he's ranting against SJW's?

Here's a very simple rule of thumb: if an activity you do doesn't make you feel joyful, then the only reason you're doing it is out of self-preservation, and you might want to consider just letting the whole thing go.

41 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@billiesimon Yes, you will need a few enlightenment experiences to really get it.

But you can burn the candle from both ends. You don't need enlightenment to start to see the truth of this.

Just using very simple common sense you can introspect and see that the reason you dislike SJWs or terrorists is because they conflict with your self-agenda. Whatever ideology or ideals you hold about the world, they disturb that. Right? But obviously your ideology and ideals are purely subjective and selfish. They have nothing to do with the universal perspective. Obviously the universe must like SJWs and terrorists because it created them! See?

So you can just start practicing more acceptance and less judgment of people who impinge on your self-agenda. Notice that mostly what you do in life is try to advance and defend your self-agenda. Just start noticing that and slowly let go of your need to do that. Yes, it will be uncomfortable and scary. But that is real growth. You are starting to relate to the world in a new way.

Have you tried asking yourself, "What good might these SWJ's be doing? What larger purpose might they be serving in the universe? Could they have some good intentions? What if I was a SWJ in a past life?" And then try to be compassionate about them. If you think they are ignorant, then be compassionate towards that ignorance. You and them have a lot in common. There's plenty of ignorance on all sides. So rather than playing the blame game, try to see the situation from an elevated perspective. Would a sage go on a rant against SJW's? How would sage act? How would a sage think?

And here's a real eye opener for ya: Does Jordan Peterson look happy and blissful when he's ranting against SJW's?

Here's a very simple rule of thumb: if an activity you do doesn't make you feel joyful, then the only reason you're doing it is out of self-preservation, and you might want to consider just letting the whole thing go.

Yeah, that's true. It hurts to think about those ideologies, and it's clear that I should just focus on my growth. Well, actually I appreciate when people help and accept everybody, and I've never hated on someone like you or self help teachers. I always like them a lot. Because they tend to help everybody. But seeing terrorists and crazy ideologues makes me scared and angry because they don't show compassion to people. I know that I have a self agenda, but with these people what I don't like I seeing them attacking the next person, for no reason. I never hate on successful and positive people.

Yeah, it's true that Peterson is not happy discussing with these ideologues, and it's somehow two opposites wasting time... But I still like him a lot because he likes to help people and promote freedom of expression.

Freedom is in my self agenda of course, but I still strongly believe that freedom is in everybody's best interest.

Maybe even this message is self deception, I don't know....

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

On 2/23/2018 at 9:13 PM, Leo Gura said:

Earlier you referred to terrorists and school shootings as far more sinister than SJWs. I would definitely agree, but this propping up of one over the other is a criticism. Clearly infinity loves terrorists. Sure, alright.

So let's just accept terrorism? There is no way we can consciously make a transformation here? Even acceptance and compassion can AFFECT CHANGE. So is that self agenda? Are all forms of self agenda bad? Yeah, terrorists conflict with my self agenda. Yeah, SJWs conflict with my self agenda too. I'm conscious of it, but I also believe I'm here to exercise my self agenda. Clearly infinity loves when we play out our agendas. Infinity loves to play games.

So what if Jordan Peterson doesn't look happy when he's ranting against SJWs? Who said the point of life is to be happy all the time? There's also something called delayed gratification. Even if you believe happiness is the ultimate goal, the reason why you sit there struggling through meditation in the beginning is for some pay off down the line. Delayed gratification is the birth of spirituality.  

I'm challenging some of your points, but I'm legit working through these questions myself. 

@hundreth You are welcome to change whatever you can. The real problem will arise when life hands you a situation you cannot change. For example, if your daughter was gunned down in a school, will you be able to accept that? That's a really tough one. Will you be able look at the gunman in that case as yourself? Or will you separate yourself from him?

The best way to change a thing is to first fully accept it.

Self-agenda is not bad. Nothing is bad. But self-agenda can be an obstacle to seeing the truth clearly.

Of course you will exercise your self-agenda. But the deeper question is, how conscious is your self-agenda? Most people are stuck acting out of self-defense without realizing they are acting out patterns from their childhood. So they are sort of like robots stuck in a loop. And that tends to make the situation worse.

On 2/23/2018 at 9:57 AM, billiesimon said:

What do spiritually actualized people think of social justice people?

In my opinion they are insane and completely in the lowest consciousness paradigm. Always talking about hate and seeing the world as a struggle, using censorship and shaming on everybody.

In my humble opinion they are extremely far away from enlightenment and acceptance of people.

What do you think?

I think people who work for social justice are enlightened people.  Of course if you are enlightened, you're going to want more equality and better distribution of wealth, opportunities, and privileges for all people within a society because those people are you.  

As for "Social Justice Warriors", I don't like the term because the considerable variety in definitions makes the term next to useless as a descriptor.  But I'll assume you are using it to describe the more extreme activists as you mentioned violence several times in your post.  In this I will agree with you, nothing good ever comes from extreme activism.  Social Justice was born from compassion for other people, however, extreme activism is always born from fear and hatred for other people regardless of context.  Its also worth noting that extreme activism and violence can be found on both sides whether its SJWs or White Nationalists.  But I see you conveniently left those people out of the argument.

What really worries me about your post however, is that in the title you put "Social Justice Warriors", but then in the first sentence of your post you changed it to "Social Justice People".  Its almost as if you are focusing in on the extreme actions of a few people and projecting that onto every single person who works for social justice using generalizing words like "they" and "always".

Being a person of higher consciousness means being able to see the good and bad in both sides, and understanding that every person that has ever existed is uniquely shaped by their experiences in life.  So when you meet someone with a different opinion than you, know that there is a reason that they have that opinion, because their experiences in life are different from yours.  Failure to understand this will only lead you further to one extreme until you become one of the very people you despise.