Patang

"Good" and "bad" are incomplete stories we tell ourselves - Heather Lanier

6 posts in this topic

People here have problems with reconciling good and evil with non duality.

Mainly coz they didn't overcome stage Blue on spiral dynamics. They are still governed by Red, even enlightened ones, even that they think they are full Yellow. Not quite full. So they have so much hustle with debunking idea that beliefs are false and don't see that beliefs is how brain supposed to work. Brain is religious structure. And human is born with intuitive differentiation between right and wrong. Don't believe me, but recall yourself as a kid. You had subtle intuition of right and wrong without necessarily being told so. How? It's a mystery of evolution.

For instance, You can't be really good scientist (Orange) if you first didn't develop proper self-disciplined thinking in religious absolutes which isn't rational experiments but pure observation of daily life, accepting that it's up to total mystery or God, and mapping obvious constant patterns such as that hurting others lead to suffering of all (Blue). That's why modern scientists stuck compared to what was the case previously.  They took previous Orange paradigm as their Blue absolute. While scientists of the past discovered Orange being Blue, they didn't deny God or fundamental mystery of creation, they clearly see that their discoveries is just partial theories, not absolute. And scientists of today made physical Universe as their God. Scientists today are Red, not Orange, and to become Orange they made physical laws as their absolute instead of accepting that absolute is a mystery. so we have so much dangerous things going on in field of genetics and ecology. For them life is limited to this physicality, because absolute is physical life which seems to be as very much obvious thing with obvious laws. So they are just way to sure or dogmatic about their logic, while real Blue isn't dogmatic about its logic, real Blue would clearly state: I dunno, it's mystery, I only know how to behave, I don't know map of mechanism of reality coz I don't really rely on rationality but I can tell you how to behave to live avoiding problems caused by desires (Red)! Of course there is a huge chance of messing up with DNA just for some ego reasons and destroying everything just because some people don't have simple understanding behind crucial notions of good and evil. 

Clearly, intuitive or natural flow of life has certain patterns and laws, and going against them or bringing chaos to this patterns is called evil while going with the flow is good. That choices will have consequences want it or not. One part of the story is that good is pro-life and evil is destruction of life. And that itself has many depths of understanding. It's not about only your life, but life of the whole world and the latter's survival is predominant to yours, so if you go against world using logic, emotions, desires or any other partial elements you do harm to yourself as well because that's partial and partial is chaos for the whole flow. If you are governed by intuition which is holistic (which is developed through undoing brain leadership and following what's called heart) 24/7, then you don't need to think about these categories coz you always doing alright. But mere enlightenment won't bring it to ya. It's not so easy. 

Fundamentally good and evil is all about life and whatever comes after life. If you don't really care about having life you surely don't care about such categories but of course as long as you are here consequences follow immediately.

Edited by Monkey-man

@Patang , I had used the same story in a blog post - Are you saying that I shouldn't really care about how things work out?

Our viewpoint is often too short and narrow to really know how things are working out.  We want to label it as good or bad…success or failure…often before the time is ripe.  Who knows if it is good or bad?  “How things worked out” could flop back and forth from good to bad depending on the specific point in time.  Who knows if it is good or bad?

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

@eputkonen of course you can evaluate things and events as good or bad, but the thing is you do not have to. and, lack of judgment means that you have no opinion about things or events.

Opinion comes from thought/the thinker. Any conditioned response according to thought. A conclusion brought about through malfunction or disorder in thought. This is nothing more than the battle of the opposites. And both of theses responses and reactions are within the field of thought/duality, therefore incomplete/not whole. Disorder. 

@Shanmugamhas recently shared some Osho with me and I found this quote which seems to relate. The part about choosing...

“The mind always wants to choose. The mind lives through choice. If you don't choose the mind drops. This is the way of Lao Tzu. How to drop the mind? - don't choose! That's why he never prescribes any meditation, because then there is no need for any meditation.”

Rajneesh 

Where there is duality/fragmentation there can never be ‘true good’ 

But as it is generally accepted in society, the good and bad are merely reactions of disorder of thought. Any reaction to disorderly thought perpetuates further disorderly thought, therefore this is bad. Lol 

GOOD’ is only when ‘the bad’ malfunction/disorder ‘conditioned mind’ is not. 

Goodness is not born of that which is bad. Goodness is not the opposite of bad. They are totaly seperate. Where there is Bad Good is not.