Sahil Pandit

What Does Healthy Neuroticism Look Like?

6 posts in this topic

What does healthy neuroticism look like?

Personally, I have been catching myself trying to do too many things at once. Multitasking, thinking that I am being more efficient.

Can anyone relate?

From the looks from of things, there does not seem to be a negative emotion attached to it, thank goodness. However, when I get excited and motivated, this seems to happen over and over. If i slow down and become more mindful and deliberate, that motivation i had slowly dies down. 

Multitasking does save a lot of time and seems cool in the beginning but it adds to the stress and then slows down your normal rhythm. Not saying that one should avoid it completely but too much of everything takes a toll on you. It can be done in intervals or doses. It's important to not lose sight of one's goals and the results one is looking for. So one may try to achieve all at once but it won't be  very satisfying in the end. Prioritizing might help a lot because that way you can keep a track on what's really essential and central to your system. 

Blend multitasking with focus and use priority based task lists to be more effective, better than  being just efficient. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Sahil Pandit Multitasking does not work. It has been proven dozens of times. You can find that for yourself in the book ”The One Thing” by Gary Keller, in the chapter called something like ”Productivity Myths” and in the book ”Deep Work” by Cal Newport.

I'm gonna provide you with a diagram to make it easy for you.

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 5.11.15 PM.png

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

23 hours ago, Sahil Pandit said:

What does healthy neuroticism look like?

Personally, I have been catching myself trying to do too many things at once. Multitasking, thinking that I am being more efficient.

Can anyone relate?

From the looks from of things, there does not seem to be a negative emotion attached to it, thank goodness. However, when I get excited and motivated, this seems to happen over and over. If i slow down and become more mindful and deliberate, that motivation i had slowly dies down. 

find a way to be mindful but impulsive. impulsive but focused. action is your power.