Saumaya

Post Enlightenment Observations

539 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

But rather than calling it as 'enlightenment', I would call it as 'liberation'.Because he feels liberated! xD

I have to use the word 'enlightenment' because it is more popular. No one recognizes 'liberation'... But the word 'enlightenment' also makes people misunderstand as 'knowing all the secrets about the universe'. Enlightenment certainly brings a lot of clarity and wisdom, but it is not a doorway to access some secret knowledge about the universe.

I understand my friend??

3 minutes ago, Faceless said:

That’s just for others who might be fulled by the false myths of ‘enlightenment’..not directed towards you my friend. I see you ??

No worries.. I know it is not directed towards me...its just that semantics are always such a ****.....

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

14 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

No worries.. I know it is not directed towards me...its just that semantics are always such a ****.....

A barrier in communication for sure. But important in communication to. Can’t commune without common ground. I am seeing this more and more ever day?

1 minute ago, Faceless said:

A barrier in communication for sure. But important in communication to. Can’t commune without common ground. I am seeing this more and more ever day?

True True....

There's Only One Truth!

48 minutes ago, Ether said:

@Shanmugam u indian ay?

did u meditated in the same tree as buddha? :D

Yes.. I am from India...

Buddha is said to have enlightened under a Bodhi tree.

But there is a better Bodhi tree than that. It is called life!

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

3 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

Yes.. I am from India...

Lol, funny you replied to me. I just read your life\enlightenment story, a few seconds ago.

What is a Bodhi tree? Did he meditate in the same tree everytime?

For some reason, Im extremely inspired by Buddha's life story. Its just so exciting!!!

2 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

Yes.. I am from India...

If only it could be explained with words.

I'm tired of this shit !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

5 minutes ago, Ether said:

Lol, funny you replied to me. I just read your life\enlightenment story, a few seconds ago.

What is a Bodhi tree? Did he meditate in the same tree everytime?

For some reason, Im extremely inspired by Buddha's life story. Its just so exciting!!!

Do you know peepal tree? That is Bodhi tree.

You can read the life story of Buddha online. Just Google and you will find many sources... But there is nothing special about the tree anyway. What is outside doesn't matter.

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@Saumaya Is there any advice you would give to a newbie from your journey personally? (Meaning something that's not commonly found in teachings, etc.)

@Saumaya  Hey man , just one question , until you ''get there'' you said you self-inquiried , but was a formal practice of how many hours per day ? or more like a constant thing all the time possible ?

34 minutes ago, tecladocasio said:

@Saumaya  Hey man , just one question , until you ''get there'' you said you self-inquiried , but was a formal practice of how many hours per day ? or more like a constant thing all the time possible ?

I didnt adopt a formal practice really. I just questioned everything. I used to have school during those times so, so I would to take a break from all the inquiry. Once you have truly started its hard to stop you see.

There's Only One Truth!

2 hours ago, Jamie Universe said:

@Saumaya Is there any advice you would give to a newbie from your journey personally? (Meaning something that's not commonly found in teachings, etc.)

Maybe trust that everything is going to be okay, not that it isn't, it can seem it isn't. I highly recommend jed mckennas books, I used to refer to him alot.

There's Only One Truth!

5 hours ago, Faceless said:

That’s just for others who might be fulled by the false myths of ‘enlightenment’

What are these "false myths of 'enlightenment"? On who's authority that determines what's "false"?

If we don’t see this then we’ll, that is living in disorder. And when one lives in disorder every movment from disorder leads to further disorder.

What is this "order" and on who's authority is it determined?

Edited by SOUL

19 minutes ago, SOUL said:

What are these "false myths of 'enlightenment"? On who's authority that determines what's "false"?

Any designated path by past knowledge and it’s descriptions of what ‘enlightenment’ is a myth. 

Only when there is freedom from others and your own bias/prejudices is one free from authority. Where there is authority freedom is not. Especially the authority of thought. 

Never accept any authority, especially the self/thought. 

19 minutes ago, SOUL said:

What is this "order" and on who's authority is it determined?

Order only comes with freedom. 

Now are you actually interested in this?

Or are you playing the game of measure?? 

Lol

Edited by Faceless

17 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Any designated path by past knowledge and it’s descriptions of what ‘enlightenment’ is a myth. 

Only when there is freedom from others and your own bias/prejudices is one free from authority. Where there is authority freedom is not. Especially the authority of thought. 

Never accept any authority, especially the self/thought. 

Order only comes with freedom. 

Now are you actually interested in this?

Or are you playing the game of measure?? 

Lol

Is there something wrong with "measure"? You measure that "any designated path by past knowledge and it's descriptions of what 'enlightenment' is a myth". Does that mean Buddha's words are false enlightenment myth since it's past knowledge and description but you saying this now isn't?

You measure to "never accept any authority, especially the self/thought", that "where there is authority freedom is not" and that "order only comes from freedom". You speak as if you are the authority on these measures but should I not accept them since they are coming from your authority of past knowledge and descriptions so are 'false myths'?

I'm genuinely concerned that people will fall into these false myths of enlightenment you seem to think are important enough to mention. How can we know what these false myths are? What are they? Clarify so everyone will not be deluded by these false myths of enlightenment!

48 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Does that mean Buddha's words are false enlightenment myth since it's past knowledge and description but you saying this now isn't?

You can’t learn about yourself according to another. This would be learning about yourself  according to what another says, which is absurd. Known one knows you like you do. This would be a second hand type of learning. From what I see this is common. 

You measure to "never accept any authority, especially the self/thought", that "where there is authority freedom is not" and that "order only comes from freedom". You speak as if you are the authority on these measures but should I not accept them since they are coming from your authority of past knowledge and descriptions so are 'false myths'?

I have said multiple times to not accept anything, but to go into it yourself. This only comes from knowing yourself and thought. You are your own teacher. 

Again never accept but go into it yourself. But to simply accept or disagree is irresponsible and foolish. This is why freedom is necessary. Freedom to inquire without a compulsion to accept or deny, but just to inquire without any particular goal or motive of personal gain. To be objective. That’s order/freedom.

I'm genuinely concerned that people will fall into these false myths of enlightenment you seem to think are important enough to mention. How can we know what these false myths are? What are they? Clarify so everyone will not be deluded by these false myths of enlightenment!

We can never know what was meant by the ancients for sure. We can speculate, assume, and so on. But this is a setup for deception. Accepting what is not understood is dangerous. Plus with time through the generations knowledge becomes distorted by the interpreters. This is obvious in the Bible for example.

If you are not free from what others have said how can you inquire freely without forming a certain point of view. Also by going it alone and staying avoiding an authority of past knowledge prevents certain projections from being established and believed as independent of thought. 

Again do not ever accept anything without questioning for yourself if what is said is sound.

I never accepted anything anyone said neither should anyone else. But to accept or deny without even investigating for oneself honestly is denial and prevents one from ever understanding anything. When one relies on an authority it is because one is afraid to stand alone.

The capacity to stand alone implies a mind that is free/orderly.

@SOUL, @Faceless

Your discussion can be summed up like this:
In order to choose the path to enlightenment, you need a set of criteria to discard invalid paths.
Criteria are up for choosing. What are criteria to discard invalid criteria?

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Faceless @tsuki @SOUL

I mostly agree with Faceless here. These observations are meant to guide someone who is on the path and realise what they already know if their journey is over. The fact remains is that you have to confirm from your experience or intuition whether the things being said here are right or whether they could be right. As he said there is no outside authority.

All paths lead to enlightenment but some are faster.

Edited by Saumaya

There's Only One Truth!

1 minute ago, Saumaya said:

All paths lead to enlightenment but some are faster.

@Saumaya I'm not really sure about that.
There seems to be a speed-up once you are getting close to awakening, but there is no way to tell the reason for this.

1. There is a shift in perceiving time once awake, so your speeding up may be just a perception.
  2. You may have gotten to the "right" path to you that led you there faster.
  3. There may have never been a path and it always played itself out by itself and you simply became aware of it.

There are millions of reasons for any of the above statement and once you realize that everything is relative - you are not so confident in making such claims. There are no key points to led you to the place you are. There are only events that you can backwards-rationalize to produce any story that seems fit. It doesn't make the story false, mind you. It's a decision to be made once you are aware of it.

3 hours ago, tsuki said:

@SOUL, @Faceless

Your discussion can be summed up like this:
In order to choose the path to enlightenment, you need a set of criteria to discard invalid paths.
Criteria are up for choosing. What are criteria to discard invalid criteria?

This reasoning is circular. There is no logical way out of it. There are no rights and wrongs in this discussion.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2