Saumaya

Post Enlightenment Observations

539 posts in this topic

I mean we all see the division in this forum right. Well that same division is expressed out in our daily lives. It in society, the world. 

If we don’t see this then we’ll, that is living in disorder. And when one lives in disorder every movment from disorder leads to further disorder. 

@Shanmugam My apologies for triggering such a reaction in you but I assure you the assumptions you make about me are mistaken.

5 minutes ago, SOUL said:

@Shanmugam My apologies for triggering such a reaction in you but I assure you the assumptions you make about me are mistaken.

xD

That was not a reaction and I was not expecting an apology... 

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@Shanmugam Well, whatever it is that I said that caused you to reply in such a lengthy and pointed way was not my intention but it still remains that you make many assumptions about me that are mistaken.

@SOUL When I write lengthy posts, I always keep in mind that it will useful for whoever reads it. Some people may resonate with it and some may not...

If you know that they are just assumptions about you, that's fine and good for you.. :) .. I have in fact talked about many things in that post. And I have indeed mentioned in that post that as long as you feel peaceful, free and your seeking is over, nothing really matters.. 

Edited by Shanmugam

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

15 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

@Ether yes :) 

for some reason i havent been receiving notifcations?

Right now, at this present moment, i almost have no thoughts. I meditated for a bit in a park and thought activity decreased 90%.

So, how is it to live life like that? Non-stop happiness and joy?

Thats my expectations but i know that I dont know how its like. I rarely felt happy in my whole life. But hey, each day is a new day. Everyday is unique.

@Shanmugam @Saumaya

I apologize beforehand if it sounds too stupid or vague. But please reply if you will.

Sit down calmly for a couple of minutes. Then say the word 'I' in your mind several times.

Where does that 'I' naturally point towards?

to the body/mind? or to everything in perception? or to the experience of being aware? or to the simultaneous knowledge of being and non being or exactly what?

PS: I first heard this from a Swami Vivekananda reference.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Ether thats unexplainable...

Don't think of it as non-stop happiness.. Non-stop implies that it is something which is not natural.. I find that word a little odd. :) 

It is the ever-present peace, happiness, fulfillment, and freedom. It is your true nature... Try to recollect the earliest memory you had in your childhood. Go as early as you can remember.. How did it feel like? My experience is very close to that.

Shanmugam 

Just now, Shanmugam said:

@Ether thats unexplainable...

Don't think of it as non-stop happiness.. Non-stop implies that it is something which is not natural.. I find that word a little odd. :) 

It is the ever-present peace, happiness, fulfillment, and freedom. It is your true nature... Try to recollect the earliest memory you had in your childhood. Go as early as you can remember.. How did it feel like? My experience is very close to that.

damn, thats all i ever wanted

i literally have no early childhook memories

all i can remember is playing on the snow but i dont attach any feelings to it, i dont even know if that thought is true or a false memory.

but...one day at the time :)

6 minutes ago, Preetom said:

@Shanmugam @Saumaya

I apologize beforehand if it sounds too stupid or vague. But please reply if you will.

Sit down calmly for a couple of minutes. Then say the word 'I' in your mind several times.

to the body/mind? or to everything in perception? or to the experience of being aware? or to the simultaneous knowledge of being and non being or exactly what?

I have actually tried this.. I can't really find something in specific which can be pointed out as an 'I'... 

Shanmugam 

9 minutes ago, Preetom said:

@Shanmugam @Saumaya

saying that would just be a thought, it would mean nothing

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

10 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

I have actually tried this.. I can't really find something in specific which can be pointed out as an 'I'... 

thanks for clarifying!

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

16 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

Yeah except with the identification to past memory, knowledge, experience of course. 

Lol this is where thought attributes to itself the existence of ‘the self’ as being independent/sepertate of thought. 

Tricky lol 

Edited by Faceless

If we were aware of the movement of thought this accumulation/attribution would cease. 

It seems this topic title should be called, Post liberated realizations.. As liberation is an action that enlightens the movement of the doing and becoming to simply ‘being’ or ‘isness’...freedom from the illusion of psychological time. 

enlightened state: a sense of clarity and understanding. 

To me there are only enlightening states of perception. For me to ever imply that I was enlightened would have no meaning whatsoever. This is how I understand this of course. Others may see things differently. 

Edited by Faceless

13 minutes ago, Faceless said:

It seems this topic title should be called, Post liberated realizations.. As liberation is an action that enlightens the movement of the doing and becoming to simply ‘being’ or ‘isness’...freedom from the illusion of psychological time. 

To me there are only enlightening states of perception. For me to ever imply that I was enlightened would have no meaning whatsoever. This is how I understand this of course. Others may see things differently. 

Semantics....always fun

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

2 minutes ago, Faceless said:

It seems this topic title should be called, Post liberated realizations.. As liberation is an action that enlightens the movment of the doing and becoming to simply ‘being’ or ‘isness’...freedom from the illusion of psychological time. 

Yes.. I prefer the word 'liberation' over 'enlightenment'. That sounds more correct. In fact, In Indian culture, it is called as 'moksha' which exactly means 'liberation'.

Let us say someone sees a mirage in a desert and thinks it is water. He goes near and finds out that there is no water. He is, of course, enlightened of the fact that there is no water. But rather than calling it as 'enlightenment', I would call it as 'disappointment'... Because, he feels disappointed..

The sense of a separate self is also an illusion, just like a mirage. Once you realize that it is not there, you are of course enlightened of the fact that it is not there. But rather than calling it as 'enlightenment', I would call it as 'liberation'.Because he feels liberated! xD

I have to use the word 'enlightenment' because it is more popular. No one recognizes 'liberation'... But the word 'enlightenment' also makes people misunderstand as 'knowing all the secrets about the universe'. Enlightenment certainly brings a lot of clarity and wisdom, but it is not a doorway to access some secret knowledge about the universe. If someone claims to have access to some kind of secret knowledge, it is better if he uses a different name, to avoid confusions.

Shanmugam 

8 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

Semantics....always fun

That’s just for others who might be fulled by the false myths of ‘enlightenment’..not directed towards you my friend. I see you ??