George Fil

Is this the Ego's Inner Voice?

9 posts in this topic

So i always thought helping other people and contribution to society is important and i wanted my life to builded about this. I am doing right now the LP Course and i have found interesting facts.

So the week ago, one guy i was listening he said something like '' these kids nowadays grow up with comforts and a big self esteem from their parents that they can have what they want in life but later they have problems facing the reality as they grow up etc...''

Instantly an inner voice inside me spoke and said ''So what? f@ck them'' and i was shocked cause for the first time i could clearly hear that.

I was thinking Am i deceive myself that i care about other people? Any insight from someone that can relate would be helpful.

Thanks

@George Fil How’s your morning meditation practice going? How long each day? How many days in a row are you today? 

No need to analyze that ‘voice’. It’s a thought.

Quiet the mind instead. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

@George Fil How’s your morning meditation practice going? How long each day? How many days in a row are you today? 

No need to analyze that ‘voice’. It’s a thought.

Quiet the mind instead. 

@Nahm Every Day for 30-45 minutes for 1 and a half year. The last 6 months in a row i have not missed a day (proud!). Self enquiry not much. Journaling not so much. Mindfulness practices sometimes during the day.

Well that's it pretty much.

@George Fil That’s awesome and thanks, it helps to have an idea where you’re at. I think what triggered the notion of “So what F them” could be the mentality expressed by ‘them growing up and having to face reality”. As in, the falsity that triggers is there is no facing reality. They are creating their reality. It must be that you have something in your ‘reality’ which is not desirable, and you’re at a loss for how it traces back to you. Thus, a thought of resentment to the contrary.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@George Fil A voice is just a voice, but life itself is a school. You know, what does help is to identify an "actualized" person in society, a role model, and see how he/she behaves throughout the day. What happens on a daily basis counts. The very tricky part is to identify this type of person and learn from him/her. You may observe other ppl who you run into and ask yourself, "What are the strengths and weaknesses of this person?" A person learns a lot if he learns how to do this.

You do care about other people, it's your natural state, now if it's the ego wanting to have a status of protector/provider of help, that's an another story.

The two can overlap though, it's not because your ego(you) has a messiah complex, that the real you isn't expressing a genuine desire with the exact same life purpose.

You'll need to keep your ego in check though, otherwise it can totally mess up everything. As the popular saying goes «the road to hell is paved with good intentions».

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

No need to be afraid of your inner voice saying weird things. You don't choose the words. You however won't be as affected by them if you won't believe them. You can make the choice to accept the voice without agreeing with it. Accepting the mean words instead of resisting them helps for me.

17 hours ago, YaNanNallari said:

No need to be afraid of your inner voice saying weird things. You don't choose the words. You however won't be as affected by them if you won't believe them. You can make the choice to accept the voice without agreeing with it. Accepting the mean words instead of resisting them helps for me.

This is it :D