• Oniromancy
    • Geometry patterns, "Don't distract!"
    • Soul
    • Occultism
    • Reincarnation
    • Astral trips
    • Kundalini
    • None of the above (comment)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 posts in this topic

None of it is bull shit. One (one's ego) must directly experience these things to even believe it's possible, and even then it can't be proven to be real. But who cares if it is real? It does it's job. It is a veiled form of self-help, that many people across the world need,  and haven't spiritually evolved enough to go into enlightenment work. And at the same time it is a springboard into enlightenment work, as long as the ego who tries is able to let go of those particular beliefs. But the question is partially invalid, because you are trying to apply it only to people who are already on your level.  Whatever level that is, I'm not sure, but some still need to believe in something to propel them forward. 

12 minutes ago, starsofclay said:

None of it is bull shit. One (one's ego) must directly experience these things to even believe it's possible, and even then it can't be proven to be real. But who cares if it is real? It does it's job. It is a veiled form of self-help, that many people across the world need,  and haven't spiritually evolved enough to go into enlightenment work. And at the same time it is a springboard into enlightenment work, as long as the ego who tries is able to let go of those particular beliefs. But the question is partially invalid, because you are trying to apply it only to people who are already on your level.  Whatever level that is, I'm not sure, but some still need to believe in something to propel them forward. 

I don’t think we must go through all the confusion and contradiction. If we see somthing as dangerous we must negate it. And all of the above are dangerous and only prevent freedom to inquire/learn. 

First thing there must be is freedom form every conclusion. Then there is freedom to investigate. Other wise one will spend there entire life playing with themselves??‍♂️

Unless you like to play with yourself of course lol 

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You do not control anything.

I never said I did ..... I just said have diret experences then  form an opinion . Control has nothing to do with that. @Joseph Maynor

I no longer advocate, participate, condone, or support  actualized.org or Leo Gura in anyway. The reasons are left in the few post I left behind. 

49 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

none of this really matter for enlightenment.. whether they are real or not doesn't matter, if one's intention is just spiritual enlightenment, there is no need for all of this.

We need distractions that looks like they will help.

Otherwise how are we gonna bullshit ourselves ?

Like, it can't be as simple as sitting and being, IT MUST be complicated/mystical !

@Shanmugam That's some crazy shit xD

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 hour ago, Faceless said:

I don’t think we must go through all the confusion and contradiction. If we see somthing as dangerous we must negate it. And all of the above are dangerous and only prevent freedom to inquire/learn. 

First thing there must be is freedom form every conclusion. Then there is freedom to investigate. Other wise one will spend there entire life playing with themselves??‍♂️

Unless you like to play with yourself of course lol 

At which point spirituality isn't for you

1 minute ago, Shin said:

Like, it can't be as simple as sitting and being, IT MUST be complicated !

I see what you are all saying but it serves its purpose for those who don't understand that.. and then a certain percent will eventually come to know truth. Not everyone will

9 minutes ago, starsofclay said:

At which point spirituality isn't for you

If that what one calls spirituality then yes. Personaly don’t like that word spirituality anyway. It’s yours my fiend ??

seeing something first hand is the surest way to be moved toward the position of something being true. In my opinion and experience, kundalini and mind reading/telepathy are definitely real.

But surely people are susceptible to delusion. And, I would not believe these things in million years if I had not seen them for myself.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

1 minute ago, Shin said:

Like, it can't be as simple as sitting and being, IT MUST be complicated/mystical !

Yes..

I did a lot of that bullshitting in my early days.. Let me narrate a story that happened in my life..

When I was 15 years old, I fell in love with a girl. I wanted to marry her when I become an adult and that is something that I wanted more than anything else..

At the same time, there was a blind man who lived in a graveyard near my home town... He was believed to have certain psychic powers. My mom went and asked him why I was not focusing on studies. He usually threw dice on the floor, asked people to count it, and said predictions based on that. He told my mom that I was in love with that girl and got crazy about that girl. I was surprised to hear this from my mom.. I convinced my mom to go to that guy to find out if I would really get married to that girl. My mom knew that I was crazy and I wouldn't listen to her.  So both of us went to see that guy. He threw dice as usual. We counted it and then he predicted that when I would be 18 years old, the girl herself would come to me and promise that she would marry me. I was very happy..

I did a lot of crazy things those days. I used to sit on the balcony and meditate on her image. :D . I would visualize both of our souls merging with each other and I would focus on that for hours during the evenings. I wrote more than 1000 poems in Tamil about her. I also composed a devotional poem to God in Tamil, asking God to grant her as my life partner and I used to recite that poem as a mantra every day. The poem was composed with perfect meter and rhyme, according to Tamil prosody. I did this because I have heard countless anecdotes in Tamil where Tamil saints were able to do miracles just by singing poems..

Later, when I moved out of my hometown to pursue my studies in the year 2000. I kept a journal where I would write whatever I wanted to talk with her. I used that notebook as a pillow to sleep every day. I would write things imagining as if she was in front of me listening to whatever I said. I also tried Law of attraction. I used to accurately imagine how my life was going to be after marrying her. I also sent her two letters by post and try to talk to her during holidays. She was not interested to talk to me. My visualizations improved day by day and I spent many months in visualizing my life after marriage. I was very sincere in my attempt and was able to accurately visualize her face and both of us talking. I filled the entire journal in the next 2 years.

During the beginning of the year 2002, I used to go to a nearby temple every day at 4 am; the temple was about a mile away from the room I was staying. I prayed in the temple for one hour and I wanted God to grant me her in my life and I also prayed to God to make me that perfect guy whom she would like to marry. I repeated the same thing in the evening and I ended up walking 4 miles a day in total for about a month. It happened in December 2001-Jan 2002.  It was during an Indian month which is considered as auspicious. I tried all kinds of things like Law of attraction, telepathy, remote seduction,. you name it!

Guess what! Whatever I thought would happen when I was 18 years old did not happen at all. That is when I actually started to question many things in life and became a true spiritual seeker. She is married to someone else now and I am happily married to my wife. :) 

I have been the craziest guy, have done craziest shit in my life.. I got fed up with all of it because many things which I sincerely tried never worked at all. I wanted to die and had lost all the hope about life. Once I started reading the books of Osho sometime in the middle of the year 2002, everything changed. I was fortunate that I had already experimented with a lot of these stuff before I became a true seeker. :)

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

3 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You do not control anything.

be·lief

an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.

trust, faith, or confidence in someone or something.