Grant NZ

Multiple identical egos.

12 posts in this topic

I'm fairly new to the no self concept and a couple of question I can't get my head around are as follows: 

If I am limitless nothingness then why do i feel localised to this body and not other peoples? Is this something that occurs when enlightenment happens? You can become every other person? 

Also, what if an ego completely identical to mine was constructed? Would I feel as though I was in two places at once? 

You are expressing yourself as a unique form of life aka reality, those "others" appears in your field perception and you were relating to them since you were a child, you learned to think in a particular language and it served you to survive efficiently all this years, thinking is basically made of memory, all you watch,said to "you",etc, so since you were a child the center of the experience was and will be your body, you just learned to feel localized that way, enlightenment is about integrating this perception in a existencial one which is already happening beyond thinking.

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

2 hours ago, Grant NZ said:

If I am limitless nothingness then why do i feel localised to this body and not other peoples? Is this something that occurs when enlightenment happens? You can become every other person? 

You are seeing yourself as yourself because you resist "clicking" into another perspective. The resisting is what most people call Ego. Ego death is something that breaks the resistance. It's called death because you fear it. The more you fear "clicking" into something else, the more resistance to "clicking" will be gone once you break. The ultimate goal is to let the thing "click" itself. No resistance at all.

Every other person is itself because they resist being something else. Once you stop resisting you see many things that cannot be expressed. One of them is how they are you even if you don't resist and they do.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Ok cheers guys. I guess the best way of understanding it is to do the work to become it. So does this mean that through advanced work i become all other animals thoughts and sensations? Or in a way different than I do with my current ego? 

When a cat hisses at you, is the cat hissing angrily, or is it you that see it as such? What is the difference? Clicking.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

I think I'm trying to understand something that can't be understood, only become. 

By understanding how you can't understand it you become "it". For a split second. Then you forget and go off to your buisness. When the buisness sees that it's futile, you click and become "it". For a split second. Then you forget. You even forget that you forgot. And you go on...

Cheers :x

@Grant NZ not becoming it,to be it

Edited by Vingger

You are A and you want to be B; you are poor and you want to be a rich man; you are ugly and you want to be beautiful; or you are stupid and you want to be a wise man. Whatsoever the wanting, whatsoever the desire, the form is always this: A wants to become B. Whatsoever you are, you are not content with it. For contentment something else is needed - that is the constant structure of a mind that is desiring. When you get it, again the mind will say that “This is not enough, something else is needed.”

The mind always moves on and on. Whatsoever you get becomes useless. The moment you get it, it is useless. This is desire. Buddha has called it

trishna: this is becoming.

You move from one life to another, from one world to another, and this goes on. It can continue ad infinitum. There is no end to it, there is no end to desire, desiring. But if there is no becoming, if you accept totally whatsoever you are - ugly or beautiful, wise or stupid, rich or poor - whatsoever you are, if you accept it in its totality, becoming ceases. Then there is no tension; then the tension cannot exist. Then there is no anguish. You are at ease, you are not worried. This non-becoming mind is a mind that is centered in the self. OSHO

full page on http://www.osho.com/iosho/library/read-book?p=0a670fc72c86e750b4c4126cc0594784

4 hours ago, Grant NZ said:

I'm fairly new to the no self concept and a couple of question I can't get my head around are as follows: 

Also, what if an ego completely identical to mine was constructed? Would I feel as though I was in two places at once? 

@Grant NZ There is no guarantee that these other people exist. You are not the body so whatever body feels is not you either. When someone says that you and the other person are the same, it just means that you are part of the same whole not that parts are different. You still think consciousness  is a distinct function of the brain and other people also have consciousness. It is more like your brain is an antenna for the right kind of frequency of consciousness to come in. Other people are conscious or not or they exist even is no guarantee. Even if an identical ego came like you, you are consciousness so you are the real one.

Edited by Saumaya

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

Your Personality is the EGO. We are all one only the EGO separates us (it is a survival mechanism).

Blessings