egoless

Infinite layers of the Truth and agnosticism

11 posts in this topic

Your reality is shaped by your beliefs - And this in fact also proves the unity of existence. Everything is indeed informed by the same source. whether it is void, consciousness, god, field of energy or whatever else you want to believe may turn out to be just a belief. The ultimate self honesty would be to admit the things you don't know. That is why I think it is important to find the golden ratio between agnosticism and your direct experience. Yes it is possible to experience yourself as the consciousness which does not have objective qualities (I have done it) but that does not answer everything. Some of you here think that it gives you all the answers but in reality it is just the beginning. It would be best if you bite the bullet and admit that even beyond consciousness could be "something" - god. It would be also honest to admit that there is a possibility of never knowing the grounding truth. For example if there is anything beyond the consciousness. Moreover you should also be self honest about the possibility that there might not even exist grounding Truth at all! And it could be infinitely open...

There is always a possibility that we never know the god himself! There could be infinite numbers of layers which could be never revealed. Hence I see the validity in fully surrendering to the reality of existence in whatever the form it leads you.

Edited by egoless

@egoless Why is conceptual-knowing about reality so important and valuable to us?  What are we hoping to find?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

@egoless Why is conceptual-knowing about reality so important and valuable to us?  What are we hoping to find?

What do you think? 

@Joseph MaynorWhat are we clinging to when we are caught in conceptualization? What gives continuity to that stream of thought? 

Edited by Faceless

2 hours ago, Faceless said:

What do you think? 

A NOTE ON BELIEFS IN THIS WORK -- PSST! HINT -- YOU DON'T REALLY NEED THEM

I try not to have too many beliefs about things.  Just be reality.  Rest as awareness.  There is no need to believe.  There is no need to do anything.  You wanna get to the point where you're completely surrendered to not doing anything.  Yet reality still moves by magic.  Nothing changes after Enlightenment.  That's the thing.  You're already Enlightened, you're just programmed with erroneous beliefs about reality.  You think that you can know and that you can control and that you can do, etc.  That's all belief, or conceptual-truth as I choose to term it.  And there's this underlying belief that reality mirrors the structure of our beliefs, or at least corresponds with them.  But that's a pretty strong assumption on our part, isn't it?   That's pretty much most likely to be false, isn't it?  That just a pretty good-hunch based on our acquaintance with our huge library of fossilized-ideas cataloged in Philosophy.  Ideas seem to have lifespans, but Reality is not limited in that way.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph MaynorI agree beliefs are not concrete and reality of itself is not limited. 

What are we clinging to when we are caught in conceptualization? What gives continuity to that stream of thought? 

22 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

And there's this underlying belief that reality mirrors the structure of our beliefs, or at least corresponds with them. 

On the deepest level what is reality other than you? Source is one. Law of attraction is absolutely true if you believe in it. Ghosts become real if you believe in it. You become the separate self - if you believe in it! However on the deepest level it is not joseph maynor who believes. It is just reality unfolding itself through that scenario. But through your perspective you are the one who makes a choice. Choice maker is yet another thought created by reality - aka you.

Edited by egoless

News flash ... THE MAP IS NOT THE TERRITORY ... So does this mean that maps serve no useful function?

We can’t do nothing because life is action. 

People talk about enlightenment a lot on this forum. Why?? 

All energy should be used to understand oneself without any motive, demand, volition. 

I cant imagine getting into understanding ‘the self’ with all its implications with such ‘ideas’ filling my demeanor with aspiration. 

Freedom and attention to oursleves sets man/woman free. 

People get caught in there own thought. 

12 minutes ago, Faceless said:

We can’t do nothing because life is action. 

People talk about enlightenment a lot on this forum. Why?? 

All energy should be used to understand oneself without any motive, demand, volition. 

I cant imagine getting into understanding ‘the self’ with all its implications with such ‘ideas’ filling my demeanor with aspiration. 

Freedom and attention to oursleves sets man/woman free. 

People get caught in there own thought. 

We enjoy talking about Spirituality like a one might enjoy fishing, but that doesn't mean what we're doing is important.  We don't have to judge it by any particular standard.  You resonate with discussing these matters and find joy in it -- is there really more analysis needed?  Nothing is more important or less important per se.  You just want to accept reality as it is.  And for you, reality involves discussing on this Forum.  That's your movie man -- is it that bad?  It could be much worse, right?  You're lucky!  Haha.  There's nothing for you to do or say -- you just enjoy it!  End of analysis.  Enjoy life.  People don't really know when to end an analysis, I often find.  It's intuitive, I guess.    Does there always have to be a reason for everything?   Ya know?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor

I understand man..just seems to fuel conflict, and blocks the joy of self learning to me personally. 

U know? Freedom to learn 

Edited by Faceless