Max_V

Contemplation by writing

8 posts in this topic

I've been noticing that contemplating is way easier if I write down concrete answers because when I just sit with my eyes closed, there can be all kinds of distractions that keep me from really focusing on the question and the given answer (if there is one)

Is there something at fault with this technique or way of contemplation, or is it a viable way?

I only do this with contemplating my shadow though. When I do self-inquiry my session is more meditation-like

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

22 minutes ago, Max_V said:

I've been noticing that contemplating is way easier if I write down concrete answers because when I just sit with my eyes closed, there can be all kinds of distractions that keep me from really focusing on the question and the given answer (if there is one)

Is there something at fault with this technique or way of contemplation, or is it a viable way?

I only do this with contemplating my shadow though. When I do self-inquiry my session is more meditation-like

@Max_V Writing is definitely good and more effective than meditating and doing it digitally when comes to self inquiry. You can also use thinking as a weapon, its like bacterial diarrhoea being injected out. Hope this helps :) 

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

ABOUT MY WRITING -- I'M NOT THE ORIGINATOR OF MY IDEAS -- I'M JUST THE PRESENTER OF THEM

I don't know what I think until I write and and let it magically flow out. 

And it does just flow out -- that's what's amazing about writing.

Just tidy it up after it's birthed out for you.  Organize what Nature has delivered to you and present it well.

That's the job of the writer. 

Paradoxically, when you try to write, that's when you suck at it.  To be a great writer, just learn to organize, tidy-up, and present what the Soul releases through you.  That's when you can focus on writing style.  You don't need to think anything anymore, that just comes out on its own.  Your job is just to present it through the art of writing as structured, easy to comprehend, and beautiful.

I find that as a writer, all I do is organize and communicate the wisdom that seems to flow through me constantly.  A lot of what fascinates me is the art of writing -- the art of revising my sentences and making them understandable and beautiful at the same time.  There are some useful principles of good writing, and to put those into practice is really fun for me.  But all I do is present through the cultural technology of writing, the content that is constantly flowing through me.  I'm not generating any of the content.  It's not like I'm sitting here and just thinking this stuff up.  I'm just tidying up the material to make it presentable to others.  I'm just a communicator really.  That's the sense in which I'm an artist: I'm a presenter, using the artistry of writing as a medium.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor I really like writing or typing stuff because, like you say, answers and hidden beliefs, emotions, reasons, assumptions, just come to the surface so effortlessly.

Answers come organically

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

8 minutes ago, Max_V said:

@Joseph Maynor I really like writing or typing stuff because, like you say, answers and hidden beliefs, emotions, reasons, assumptions, just come to the surface so effortlessly.

Answers come organically

Yep.  Keep writing man.  Write more on here.  Open yourself up and just let stuff flow out more.  You gotta trust it too.  I think a lot of people judge what comes out, and that's a huge mistake.  You gotta see what's there first.  Don't let your insecurities sabotage your authentic content!  It's important to see what comes out.  Let it come out and just focus on capturing it, and then perhaps organizing it and presenting it.  You can always make it more ordered and less chaotic; that's one of the great uses of writing -- one of the reasons why writing is such a great tool and technology.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I like it, because you can always rewind your thinking to a certain point and tackle problem from different angle or explore another path.

Edited by Girzo

8 hours ago, Max_V said:

@Max_V No fault at all if you approach it from a point of not knowing. First be the blank paper. Than write upon it.