Joseph Maynor

Enlightened Love and Egoic Love are Poles Apart

6 posts in this topic

Paradoxically, enlightened love is not love.  

Wait -- Hear me out! 

Loving others in the sense that we're used to is Egoic love.  Enlightened love results from appreciating the magic of Ego-less existence, which comes across as love and feels like bliss -- but it's not love in the sense that we think about love.  We are tacitly assuming the Egoic concept of love -- which we gotta watch out for.  See how sneaky the Mind is?

Trying to love is Egoic, if you're trying to control reality.  If it's you following an ethical code -- that's Ego!  That's not enlightened love.

Enlightened love is simply being reality without Ego -- and in so doing everything seems magical, not personally threatening, and things generally seem blissful.  So, this comes off as love but it is very different than our conception of love as a concern with others.  

Enlightened love is a byproduct not an intended love, and it is not based on the motives that we ordinarily think of as love.  That's Egoic love, which is not what Enlightened love is.

Once you take the Ego out of reality -- then you have no reason not to be giddy and accepting about everything in the magical field of reality.  But it's kind of a misnomer to call this love.  It looks like love -- but it's very different qualitatively from our regular notions of love, which are derived from our concept of Egoic love.

So don't force yourself to love -- that's a trap.  If you say -- I'm a loving person -- that's a trap too.  All that is Ego.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

What about love like let's say two ppl grow together? Let's say they were unconscious at first. In this situation, are they able to reach conscious love and drop their egos? Is this possible?

40 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Paradoxically, enlightened love is not love.  

Wait -- Hear me out!  Haha.

//

Loving others in the sense that we're used to is Egoic love.  Enlightened love results from appreciating the magic of Ego-less existence, which comes across as love and feels like bliss -- but it's not love in the sense that we think about love.  We are tacitly assuming the Egoic concept of love -- which we gotta watch out for.  See how sneaky the Mind is?

Trying to love is Egoic, if you're trying to control reality.  If it's you following an ethical code -- that's Ego!  That's not enlightened love.

Enlightened love is simply being reality without Ego -- and in so doing everything seems magical, not personally threatening, and things generally seem blissful.  So, this comes off as love but it is very different than our conception of love as a concern with others.  

Enlightened love is a byproduct not an intended love, and it is not based on the motives that we ordinarily think of as love.  That's Egoic love, which is not what Enlightened love is.

Once you take the Ego out of reality -- then you have no reason not to be giddy and accepting about everything in the magical field of reality.  But it's kind of a misnomer to call this love.  It looks like love -- but it's very different qualitatively from our regular notions of love, which are derived from our concept of Egoic love.

So don't force yourself to love -- that's a trap.  If you say -- I'm a loving person -- that's a trap too.  All that is Ego.

I meet you on this... Love can not be cultivated by thought/ego/the center/self. 

Where there is motive, demand, and an image being projected by thought that caters to our own needs, or any other form of dependence sustained from the outcome of the relationship then this is simply a movment self adoration. To fulfil ones own psychological needs as all important. Not a mutual sharing. 

Love is only when the attachment and dependence to the accumulation of the self ceases. Where there is a movement to sustain psychological security ‘permanence’ there can be no love. Because when there is a movement to sustain permanence there lies fear that that permanence will cease. And  where there is fear/ego there can not be love.

love is only when the psychological me, i, and you are not.

The less you need love, the more you love.

FULL CIRCLE !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Joseph Maynor Love this insight! Self, and other. Discovery of Self, is directly, love, because love is all there is. Love for other then could not be contrived, because, there is no other. Other, is love. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE