WildeChilde

What is A Kundalini Awakening Really?

31 posts in this topic

I'm pretty familiar with the traditional terminology used to describe kundalini (shakti energy at the base of the spine, serpentine movements, crown chakra, etc.), but what is it really?  Is it activity and possible damage to the vagus nerve?  Also, from the accounts I've read, there seems to be a split between very positive spiritual experiences and and experiences that eventually land you in the hospital.  I'm a little confused is all.  Thanks guys.

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

To me, is related to the low vibrational state which implies not being fully present, mind identification,

and fully present means an active kundalini, body/mind align.

once you are fully present there is no need to active kundalini

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

Kundalini is intense whether positive for the person experiencing it or not. It can happen during meditation or yoga practices, though I've heard of people having spontaneous kundalini as well. The whole nervous system fires up and it can potentially cause nerve problems, though in my case nothing major I didn't recover from rather quickly. Depending on the way you approach kundalini once the process starts determines a positive or negative experience. Most negative experiences happen by becoming afraid and trying to resist what's happening in the body which can shoot it up the wrong bundles of nerves which can cause pain and an overall unpleasant experience. Once the energy reaches the brain and pineal it can cause an intense, ongoing trip-like experience that causes a temporary psychosis which if not handled properly can land one in the mental ward for a time. It does produce an enlightenment experience and there are benefits, it's not all cons, but it's the most intense crash course.

On 2/17/2018 at 7:51 AM, WildeChilde said:

I'm pretty familiar with the traditional terminology used to describe kundalini (shakti energy at the base of the spine, serpentine movements, crown chakra, etc.), but what is it really?  Is it activity and possible damage to the vagus nerve?  Also, from the accounts I've read, there seems to be a split between very positive spiritual experiences and and experiences that eventually land you in the hospital.  I'm a little confused is all.  Thanks guys.

Kundalini rises in the astral body. I don't think it damages the physical body.There are two currents that run from the hemispheres of the brain. One is called Ida (right) and the other called Pingala (left). They cross at the base of the brain and go down the two sides of the body. At the base of the spine (root chakra) lies a dormant serpent (kundalini) which becomes activated when the currents contact it. The kundalini rises in a central channel called the Sushumna. When the mind is harnessed, kundalini begins to rise. The higher up it goes, the more awareness increases. 

The negative experiences probably occur because people have a lot of resistance to God. I don't think there's anything to be afraid of. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

It's 3 words. 

Or 3 sounds if you hear a vocalization of the words.

A

Kundalini

awakening

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Many knowledgeable teachers strongly recommend against activating kundalini on purpose. Don’t do it, let it come spontaneously throughout your path. If you do it on purpose it can hurt your body and mind. Only if your body and all chakras are purified, only then it’s not harmful. 

@WildeChilde

kundalini is highly concentrated life energy located in the abdomen. Once it is awakened , all the stuck energy (repressed emotions, traumas, etc ) in all of your body will push to come out . This can produce very strong symptoms and be extremely debilitating. 

Awakening kundalini is a highway towards enlightenment. You have to be prepared to face your inner demons. Your repressed emotions (= the shadow that makes ego live = your neuroses = what distorts your perception of reality = demons ) cannot remain in you when kundalini is awakened.  

If kundalini is awakened once you have already done a lot of purification work (= your energetic body is already to a good extent clean ) , you will have weaker symptoms and you will obtain faster the positive effects it brings .

There are also a lot of positive affects when kundalini is stabilized and flows well in you but I still haven’t experienced them.

Usually kundalini is awakened once the navel or crown chakra are fully opened . 

I am in the kundalini process right now and I am having a very hard time.

Observe reality as it is, not as you would like it to be 

@nick96 Feel you man, I'm in the process as well. Wouldn't recommend anyone to awaken it on purpose... Don't do that. If it's spontaneous than it's meant to be.

@YellowButterfly That was very helpful actually.  Was yours self-induced, and are you overall glad that it happened?

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

@nick96 Well good luck on your journey there Nick; I'm sure it'll be worth it.  What's your opinion on shaktipat transmission, where an enlightened guru can induce kundalini awakenings in others?

On 2/17/2018 at 6:21 PM, WildeChilde said:

but what is it really?

Kundalini: The Awakening of the Life Force

One reason is that any knowledge about kundalini or about esoteric paths of bioenergy - the inner paths of elan vital - is generalized. It differs from individual to individual; the root is not going to be the same. With A it will be different, with B it will be different, with C it will be different. Your inner life has an individuality, so when you acquire something through theoretical knowledge it is not going to help - it may hinder - because it is not about you. It cannot be about you. You will only know about yourself when you go within.

There are chakras, but the number differs with each individual. One may have seven, one may have nine; one may have more, one may have less. That is the reason why so many different traditions have developed. Buddhists talk of nine chakras, Hindus talk of seven, Tibetans talk of four - and they are all right!

The root of kundalini, the passage through which kundalini passes, is also different with each individual. The more you go in, the more individual you are. For instance, in your body your face is the most individual part, and in the face the eyes are even more individual. The face is more alive than any other part of the body; that is why it takes on an individuality. You may not have noticed that with a particular age - particularly with sexual maturity - your face begins to assume a shape that will continue, more or less, for the whole life. Before sexual maturity the face changes much, but with sexual maturity your individuality is fixed and given a pattern, and now the face will be more or less the same.

The eyes are even more alive than the face, and they are so individual that every moment they change. Unless one attains enlightenment, the eyes are never fixed. Enlightenment is another kind of maturity.

With sexual maturity the face becomes fixed, but there is another maturity where the eyes become fixed. You cannot see any change in Buddha's eyes: his body will grow old, he will die, but his eyes will continue to be the same. That has been one of the indications. When someone attains nirvana, the eyes are the only door by which outsiders can know whether the man has really attained it. Now the eyes never change. Everything changes, but the eyes remain the same. Eyes are expressive of the inner world.

But kundalini is still deeper.

No theoretical knowledge is helpful. When you have some theoretical knowledge, you begin to impose it on yourself. You begin to visualize things to be the way you have been taught, but they may not correspond to your individual situation. Then much confusion is created.

One has to feel the chakras, not know about them. You have to feel; you have to send feelers inside yourself. Only when you feel your chakras, and your kundalini and its passage, is it helpful; otherwise, it is not helpful. In fact, knowledge has been very destructive as far as the inner world is concerned. The more knowledge gained, the less the possibility of feeling the real, the authentic, things.

You begin to impose what you know upon yourself. If someone says, "Here is the chakra, here is the center," then you begin to visualize your chakra at that spot; and it may not be there at all. Then you will create imaginary chakras. You can create; the mind has the capacity. You can create imaginary chakras, and then, because of your imagination, a flow will begin that will not be kundalini but will be simple imagination - a completely illusory, dreamlike phenomenon.

Once you can visualize centers and can create an imaginary kundalini, then you can create everything. Then imaginary experiences will follow, and you will develop a very false world inside you. The world that is without is illusory, but not so illusory as the one you can create inside.

All that is within is not necessarily real or true, because imagination is also within, dreams are also within. The mind has a faculty - a very powerful faculty - to dream, to create illusions, to project.

That is why it is good to proceed in meditation completely unaware of kundalini, of chakras. If you stumble upon them, then it is good. You may come to feel something; only then, ask. You may begin to feel a chakra working, but let the feeling come first. You may feel energy rising up, but let the feeling come first. Do not imagine, do not think about it, do not make any intellectual effort to understand beforehand; no pre-notion is needed. Not only is it not needed, but it is positively harmful.

Osho ~ Meditation The Art of Ecstasy

http://oshosearch.net/Convert/Articles_Osho/Meditation_The_Art_of_Ecstasy/Osho-Meditation-The-Art-of-Ecstasy-00000007.html

13 hours ago, WildeChilde said:

@YellowButterfly   Was yours self-induced, and are you overall glad that it happened?

I did not self induce my awakening, infact I didn’t even know what kundalini was when I awakened it. It awakened after a period of intense suffering that led me to do a lot of spiritual work all in once. 

Kundalini is speeding up my development tremendously but the quantity of emotional labour I’m going through is huge. And I still have a lot of work to do and still a lot of my Self to discover. Kundalini is really forcing me to live the most true, honest, and clean life possible, because if I don’t then it makes me experience suffering. 

13 hours ago, WildeChilde said:

@nick96 Well good luck on your journey there Nick; I'm sure it'll be worth it.  What's your opinion on shaktipat transmission, where an enlightened guru can induce kundalini awakenings in others?

i read in books about shaktipat but I never met anyone who experienced it. I spoke a lot with one enlightened man but I did not ask him about this. 

Observe reality as it is, not as you would like it to be 

@WildeChilde Mine was induced through meditation and while I did know of kundalini beforehand I just thought it was so rare that it wasn't gonna happen to me, but it did. Overall I am glad that it happened, but it certainly didn't come without it's difficulties that's for sure. 

22 hours ago, Monkey-man said:

Many knowledgeable teachers strongly recommend against activating kundalini on purpose. Don’t do it, let it come spontaneously throughout your path. If you do it on purpose it can hurt your body and mind. Only if your body and all chakras are purified, only then it’s not harmful. 

My first thought for a response to the OP was to say that it spontaneously purifies the chakras all the way up and through the crown. That's how it happened to me (while playing guitar in a group situation~ hahaha!!) Nobody was the wiser and I never told anyone.

Monkey-man said it simply and to the point without leaving anything out.

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa

Is that correct ?

I don't want to awaken it if I'm not ready, I saw some crazy post on the web, even enlightened dude had a hard time with it ...

The first thing you can notice in the body which signal you are ready are below

1-Feeling pleasure without any reason during meditation

2-You don’t feel anger or regret for anyone.

3-You have enhance sense of vision and sound (Generally your understanding has improve much)

4-You can now sit in mediation for generally more then then 2–3 hours without any problems (These are not thumb rules, only these are indications)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

It is physical after you let go of your mind.

My exp: At first i felt like a glowing hot sword piercing the middle of the body, went down the legs and back up until the crown of the head. In the process you literally lose your mind and act as a crazy person for some moments. Because you let go of the matrix you know of yourself, and the body from the point of view of the ego state before, involuntary movements will occur. In a few words, is DMT, but not as a external dose, but inner explosion. So the dose will be very different and you will never forget the trip. 

Blessings

Yes for those who want to know the downside is: (personal experience)

If you where a believer in a Diety as i was, or have had emotional struggle in life, trauma or injuries the following you must expect:

The whole neural pathways and nervous system will re-route to your natural state, similar as you where as a baby. So, if you had stronger right side of the body per exemple or physical injuries, expect maybe numbness (days, weeks), trembling of extremities (days, weeks), tingling, heavy limbs, very hot or very cold parts of the body. I can say that it is a process until the whole system falls into the natural course, this might happen in stages, during months or years. You realize your natural flow and start breathing the the Fire unto Earth while you let go of Light (mind,head, middle of the head, muscle strain in the head). The so called 3rd eye is always open, always has been and it will be until last breath. The difference is between the awakened one and the non-awakened one. The ratio of reality perception is the following: 4-10% for the dormant being, 20-100% for the awakened ones who are in different stages because like anything this is the re-routing of your being. It is impossible to see 100% of reality as it is in 1 day. You start seeing it and understanding it, but it unfolds more and more on the path, that is virtually infinite, like evolution is, life is, goes to more and more complex.

Tip: Root chakra is the rabbit hole, is the entrance to the 3rd eye. (You have to hit the ''tail'', in order to open the skull.)

This is a glimpse of enlightenment.

Blessings

37 minutes ago, nightrider1435 said:

@Shin There's no going back so be sure you want it.

Assuming I control anything 9_9

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them