alyra

Leo, can you please modify a recent change?

12 posts in this topic

Hello to all, 

Recently Leo decided it was in our best interest to remove the reputation feature.  A lot of people appreciated that change, and personally I am indifferent. 

But there is a part of what changed that really does matter in a positive way for this community. That is the ability to click a button on the bottom of the post, and indicate "hey I read your post and appreciated it"

While the following three points are not the only positives to such a feature, these are three main factors that I personally find such a feature meaningful and healthy: 

1. It allows us to receive feedback from others that our words were agreeable. This is a small way for me to receive feedback from the community - AKA learning from them. As I understand it, the opportunity to learn from others is one of the purposes of these forums.
  2. It allows me to respond to posts people mention or quote me with, without making a long post - Part of these forums is a feature that restricts the frequency of posts. I presume the intention is to encourage meaningful posts, and discourage simple posts? Including a "like" button is a great way to balance that out in a more wholesome way. To allow "thanks" or "appreciated" or "no problem" or "agreed" to be communicated without a need for posts .
  3. It helps for there to be a sense of community for people. I understand why some folk approach enlightenment from a standpoint where they try to remove distractions, but as we do not want to be implying that one path is the righteous path - I feel it is important to realize that some of us are trying to do personal growth and enlightenment work in a way that revolves around community - in finding a way to self-actualize amidst all the distractions for better or for worse. 

I can accept and comply with the need others have to not have reputation, but the tool that left with that change - of leaving a response to a post without posting a response - that is something that I personally find very useful and positive and healthy, and I am sure many others appreciated that specific feature as well. 

Please return the "like" feature to posts. I would appreciate it. 

Imo community sounds like an ego thing. You know, us vs them. I feel way more connected to people if I detach myself from them.

If the reputation feature is off, we could learn to read & understand ppl better according to their posts. We could focus on that. Some may get rep points just for being popular or similar to the majority. This may promote 'group-think.'

I'm missing when somebody answer quoting me because notifications were removed

8 minutes ago, Moreira said:

I'm missing when somebody answer quoting me because notifications were removed

You can turn them back on in the settings.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

19 hours ago, alyra said:

1. It allows us to receive feedback from others that our words were agreeable. This is a small way for me to receive feedback from the community - AKA learning from them. As I understand it, the opportunity to learn from others is one of the purposes of these forums.

Isnt that what writing on the forum and repyling to people is about? Getting written feedback is so much more valuable rather than a simple like which really says nothing at all.

Edited by AxelK

I would like him to go even further, remove the post counts, too.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

4 hours ago, fmuninja said:

Its great as it is imo.

+1

3 minutes ago, Shin said:

Good idea. As if the number of posts tells you anything other than the number of posts.

5 minutes ago, Shin said:

Yes, that would be great. It's just another unneccessary feature which doesnt really contribute in any way. Shifting focus from unneccessary features like that to the actual content of what people are writing would be awesome.

How about making "thanks for a good post"-button but totally private?

And post counts can also go away :)