Jamesc

Having a normal job?

12 posts in this topic

I am curious because I would just like to work on cars. Can I be enlightened and totally forget trying to teach directly? I think I have actually. It's way to large of subject, constant peace of mind.

@Jamesc Are you saying 'can i be enlightened and just have a normal job?'. Of course! You can do whatever you want, whether you're enlightened or not.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Jamesc

You could. But enlightenment is such a radical process you may find yourself being called to do something else.

The good news is that whatever it is, it'll be authentic.

Unless you work for yourself, there is always an executive push, stakeholder requirement, finance restrictions, rules etc especially when working for corporation. These are all designed to prevent you from being creative and from growing. ....speaking from own experience unfortunately

I would say it is possible but you may end up despising many of the rules and "values" (mostly toxic) that companies are driven by these days which makes it more difficult to turn inward.

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Jamesc Sometimes people seem to think “I love what I’m doing” -If I become enlightened, I might end up changing my whole life to be a teacher of enlightenment. The key thing is trying to realize that if that is what one does after the big reveal, it would be because they’re doing what they want. A life / career change would not be from a sense of duty or responsibility. It would be from utter freedom and love. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

19 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I am curious because I would just like to work on cars. Can I be enlightened and totally forget trying to teach directly? I think I have actually. It's way to large of subject, constant peace of mind.

As for having a normal job~ enlightenment doesn't change anything. No one knows. You don't even have to wait for enlightenment because it's already your own mind, so you can just start to sublimate  what knows right now. Enlightenment as an event is merely an indicator of having stabilized the learning of working with the sanity you were born with over a long period of time and having passed many tests of character. Enlightenment is itself a very big test!

In its aftermath, there is further refinement and stabilization to work through— so no hurries!

An occupation such as automotive work can be very meditative if one's inner/outer environment is conducive to it.

I like hot-rods!

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa

No, you'll only be able to sit in a cave. Sorry, but that's the rules!

But to be serious, stop thinking about some notion in your head of what enlightenment is and what you might be able to do or not do if you ever get there.  Trying to think about what it is or grasping it conceptually, is really just self sabotaging your progress. 

Edited by AxelK

If the work offers you enough free time to contemplate and meditate, then I don't see why not stick to it.

Totally other thing is when you are working 10-12 hours daily without a hope of it ever getting better. Then it's almost like chasing success, but worse, because you are chasing survival.

Although I alluded to the meditative aspect of being in a certain psychic zone when subjecting oneself to certain types of concentration while carrying out tasks, it would be a huge mistake on my part to suggest that working conditions conducive to "zoning out" are de rigueur, or even remotely helpful for one who is on a path of virtuous self-refinement.

I used to work 16 hours a day often and regularly on set next to the cameras~ what's the biG deal? I really liked what Girzo said about "no hope"! Hahhahaa! that is exactly the kind of situational environment that will give any self-refinement practice a huge kick in the ass!!

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa

On 16.2.2018 at 9:27 PM, Jamesc said:

Who is asking? What if you already are enlightened?

@Jamesc Read "the way of the piecefull warrior" The head figure is a enlightened master who works as a car mechanic :) Maybe that will resonate with you.

But anyway: why not? If you would like to work on cars, and you feel that the motivation to do this is genuine, why not do it?

It's even handy, because there are a lot of jobs for people to work with cars.

Edited by Wouter