Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spicy_pickles

Effing Incredible Life.

1 post in this topic

Welcome to my fucking incredible life journal. 

I decided to start a new one after watching Leo’s video on how to stop being a people pleaser. 

Combined with working with a therapist, this site is going to provide me with the tools I need to have a fucking incredible life. 

Yesterday I was a bit of a bitch. It felt great. I had enough with pussyfooting around and giving people the benefit of the doubt. This happened at work actually. You know what happened?  I got what I wanted. 

I also reclaimed my fucking power and self esteem last night when I flat out said NO to an absolutely absurd request by my partner (soon to be ex partner). I thought to myself - how fucking dare you think I will agree to do this. Are you insane?  Maybe the old me would have done it, but the new me will NOT sacrifice my time, my money, my confidence, my sense of self just to put on a show for YOU, because you are too much of a wimp to stand up. Sorry. Can’t help you. 

I’ve been able to decipher between people who genuinely need my empathy and those that are just emotional sinkholes. I’m willing to help those who want to help themselves. Everyone else can go to hell for all I care. My time is far too precious to worry about a person who doesn’t want to do the hard and painful work of looking at themselves and recognizing faults. 

In all seriousness, I’m working through my faults and the things that are keeping me stuck. Some are easier than others. Some will take more time than others. But, I’m working on them. 

Self improvement. Let’s live an incredible life.