CuteCornDog

Do Things Really Get Better?

25 posts in this topic

I don't believe it.

I believe I'm always going to be miserable.

This world ALWAYS has been bad to me.

When I need something, I don't get it.

Everything good is not as good as it is.

SICK OF OTHERS TELLING ME WHAT TO DO.

SICK OF PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY'RE FRIENDS BEING IMPOSSIBLE TO GET A HOLD OF.

NO ONE LISTENING TO ME.

I WISH I WERE DEAD!

THE AMOUNT OF TIMES I'VE BEEN GANGED UP ON AND MADE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION WHEN I DIDN'T NEED THAT!

I've seen Mental Health Counselors by the way.

They're worthless.

Employed people aren't hiring me when they should be.

I was very strongly convinced not to kill myself years ago by a person who still seems to hate his own life.

I'm being real with you all.

I don't see any process with this world.

It's gotten worse if anything.

2 hours ago, CuteCornDog said:

I believe I'm always going to be miserable.

Well you might start with this one :D

Also stick to some practice like working out or anything that gives you sence of progressing. If you're miserable you might as well be miserable and getting good at something, certainly won't make it worse.

15 minutes ago, CuteCornDog said:

I'm never going to respect other people.

Then they'll never respect you.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Learn to listen and not think so selfish. I'm here listening to peoples sob stories for some reason and I mean well. It's odd because the old me wouldn't give a shit. It feels nice though knowing I can help, outside of my own head.

Probably not

----------------------------------

@CuteCornDog Sorry, had a bad day myself, being quite pessimistic. I don't know how you are doing in your PD work or wether you are meditating or anything like that, but I can or could have related some time ago to some of the points you made. I can tell you that in this position it can be quite a grind, but you'll get some glimpses, which will make it very clear to you that it's worth it and that you'll have a better time.

Edited by Timotheus

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

@CuteCornDog

i think things are going to get better, I really hope so .

gradually surrender to what is , feel every sensation in your body from when it arises to when it passes.

Observe reality as it is, not as you would like it to be 

On 16. 2. 2018 at 3:56 PM, CuteCornDog said:

I'm being real with you all.

Thanks. As you don't seem to want advice, can we help you in any way? What is it that you're trying to get out of writing the post?

Even if things "objectively" might not get better, YOU can get better which in turn will make your life better. Take responsibility for that and you will flourish!

I know how you feel, I was the same.
Nothing mattered, no one could help me, I wasn't angry like you, but hollow.

The sad thing is that I know that nothing we could say to you will be enough, you got to find the will yourself.
I wish I could help you, or anyone else, but we can't, no one can.

You know, it pains me to read what you say, and I'm sure other people too, because we love you.
Your parents loves you too, they are just very confused about it, it sounds crazy I know, but it's the truth.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

@CuteCornDog It kind of sounds like you’re stuck in “victim” mode.  I’ve been there before, however when I started digging into the root of my unhappiness I found that it was all because of me!  Take some responsibility for the life you have and don’t blame anyone else for your unhappiness.  This is where I would start.  I struggle with negative thoughts daily, but I’m starting to learn to embrace them, dismiss them, and breathe through them so I can move on to the next random thought.  I admit that I don’t feel as grateful as I should feel for just being alive, but that’s on me and only I can fix that.  Meditation is key. 

1 hour ago, Courtney said:

@CuteCornDog It kind of sounds like you’re stuck in “victim” mode.  I’ve been there before, however when I started digging into the root of my unhappiness I found that it was all because of me!  Take some responsibility for the life you have and don’t blame anyone else for your unhappiness.  This is where I would start.  I struggle with negative thoughts daily, but I’m starting to learn to embrace them, dismiss them, and breathe through them so I can move on to the next random thought.  I admit that I don’t feel as grateful as I should feel for just being alive, but that’s on me and only I can fix that.  Meditation is key. 

And what if you can't shoulder the burden of all of that responsibility? I am not sure if everyone is strong enough to adapt to such stresses.

Do Things Really Get Better???

Better than what? 

If there is a comparison between what is and what might be, or what has been, won’t this comparing ‘measuring’ only lead to further anxiety, depression, and fear? 

Do we see that when measure/thought is depended upon to bring about psychological security that there is only further insecurity and there will inevitably be contradiction and prepetual conflict.

This is very interesting and quite shocking. The very thing that creates this problem of conflict,  ‘thought’, is the very thing we used to try solve it. Thought creates the problem and then thought tries to solve it and only makes things worse. 

Talk about the dog spinning in circles chasing it’s own tail. Talk about subtle??‍♂️

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless It's worse than that, cause you got to take emotions into account.

God is love

And God in them

6 minutes ago, Shin said:

Emotions are included. Part of thought/self 

Edited by Faceless

7 minutes ago, Shin said:

Thought covers the whole field of daily living. Everything the human being goes through. 

You can start by watching your thoughts, because you are getting identified with negative self-talk. Another helpful thing could be to go to a hospital or a place where you can find people who are not so fortunate, maybe then things will be put into perspective. Having someone to guide you can be helpful, or if you are practicing meditation, you can find a group of people to do it with. The sangha can help you because the energy of experienced practitioners can make you more mindful and quicken the healing. Good luck

You know it might be the way you talk that's making you so depressed. One key difference between the pessimistic person and the happy one, is that even though they both go through pain, the happy one see's pain as a obstacle or challenge to overcome, not a defeat.

I've been there to. I could also see why making this post could be important for relieving stress/talking your feelings out, I've had journal entries that were very similar to this one.

@CuteCornDogThere is nothing I feel I could say right now, that Leo's victim video wouldn't say more thoroughly...well worth watching again and again