tatsumaru

Aggressive negative thoughts arising out of nowhere

8 posts in this topic

Sometimes super negative thoughts arise in my mind for no reason.
For example I would see a person on the street and a thought would arise of that person breaking their leg horribly or dying in a car accident.
I don't hate these people at all nor do I dislike them for any reason so I can't explain where these thoughts are coming from.
They just pop in my head as images so I really hope that thoughts aren't harmful to other people. Even if they aren't it's still bizzarre.
In Tibetan lore there are demons who like to do such things and play with people. Sometimes it happens even when I am with people I really like - friends or family. I look at them and a thought of them getting cancer or other horrible disease arises. It's not a wish or anything like that just series of mental images which disgust even me.
I've had this problem for some years now. Can't explain it. Feels like it's coming from the subconscious. I would really like to clear this negative energy from my system. Maybe I should try hypnosis or something like that.
Any ideas?

Do the «do nothing» meditation.

What I hope it will do for you is that all the negative thoughts will occur here and not at random moments.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

What is the do nothing meditation? Is it sitting and spacing out?

Edited by tatsumaru

11 minutes ago, tatsumaru said:

What is the do nothing meditation? Is it sitting and spacing out?

Check Leo video about it.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

These thoughts have a reason to be there, even if they aren't wishes. Have you had an experience related to death before you started having these experiences? Is there something that these people's deaths would bring you that you have an emotional connection to?

Other than that, @Shin's advice is awesome. Allowing yourself to sink into these thoughts/emotions will help you tremendously. What I would add is: try triggering these thoughts before going into meditation if you feel comfortable with the Do Nothing technique. Observing them will bring you SO MUCH information about the situation. I can't express how much this helped me in the past.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

I saw the video and I liked it. I will integrate this technique in my daily regimen, starting today.
The way I understand this - it's some sort of brain fasting. In other words you stop using it so all the bullshit can be unloaded and clarity can be restored.

I am not sure when I started having those. I did have an experience related to death - I saw a person die in a bathroom and it was rather ugly. I am not sure if I had the thoughts before. I have cut myself once and I was in a hospital for a few days, but it was not too gory.

Oh, wait - As a kid I had a rather gory experience - I was playing in the bathtub and tried to stand on one of the porcelain shampoo holders for some reason (almost got a darwin award for that). Obviously the holder couldn't hold my weight, because it's designed for shampoos, not people, so it broke and some of the parts stabbed my back and my hand, and since the bathtub was full of hot water, blood got everywhere and it looked like a bathtub full of blood. There was some blood outside of the bathtub too. Maybe that's it I am not sure...

Usually when my mood is down, my brain tends to default to imagining the worst things happening. When I am happier I "forget" to think the worse. Not always though, sometimes when I am happy they occur also, but much less often and I usually dismiss the quickly. In fact I have noticed a very weird brain response from myself - when things start going well in my life, my brain starts saying "soon it will be shit again, it will be suffering again." and I start getting the horrible images again. It's as if I won't allow myself to be free from it, like it's some law of physics.

29 minutes ago, tatsumaru said:

Usually when my mood is down, my brain tends to default to imagining the worst things happening. When I am happier I "forget" to think the worse.

More of a reason to use the Do Nothing technique more. Yeah, it seems like you have serious shit in your subconscious.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

I co-own a hypnotherapy practice and I have been using meditation and hypnosis for self development purposes for over 10 years. I will preface this with a caution- I am not a psychotherapist or doctor so take what i say with a grain of salt. From all that I learned mindfulness meditation is good and I think a different tool is needed to resolve this in my opinion. 

Regression hypnotherapy with a trauma reversal process for PTSD called Completing The Past Regression Method taught at the Hypnotherapy Academy Of America would be the main tool that would help you. This tool allows you to go back to critical times in your life when you formed beliefs that are limiting you today. The process is designed to help you make a new choice and to help remove all or most of the negative emotions from this experience with the trauma process. This is probably the most advanced therapeutic hypnosis technique in the past 25 years. This not something that will be one session and it will take some work outside of sessions.

Regression work is very ineffective over the phone or video. Regression therapy is a relationship and it needs to be in person to be effective. I could help give you some criteria to help you find someone. I have a document on it. Finding a hypnotherapist that is actually well trained is difficult. The international board of hypnotherapy has 4 to 5 times the training required to be certified and they have the highest ethical standards. There is a database. Find someone near you here http://internationalboardofhypnotherapy.com/?page_id=258

But I would advise you still look at my basic list to make sure they are still following all of what the board tells them. Im sure you can find someone near you especially if you are near a large city. 

Catalog1.pdf