Patang

free will

83 posts in this topic

Surely the acknowledgement of the illusion of self shows that there is indeed no 'agent' involved in anything. As such, the lack of 'free will' logically follows from the insight into not-self. 

ok guys, let me elaborate on this a little.

an illusion is a mirage, something that is not real, something which can be accepted, because it is based upon a belief (or an imprint), something that can be misleading and easily be fooled by.

past and future are merely illusions, there is only now, this precise moment, nothing more. you see, the inevitability nature of reality is not about the future (that cannot be perceived), it is about the inability to really change anything regarding reality. further more, all the events that already have happened, must have been happened, in order for reality to be exactly as it is right now. once it has occurred, the event is no longer relevant, and could disappear into oblivion. looking back, can you see the event stream of the inevitability nature of reality?

if you accept the inevitability nature of reality, and you accept that reality is merely an illusion, here in the dream state, you must realize (not believe) that free will is merely an illusion, and it is a damn good one.

Edited by Patang

Of course, it is all an illusion, nothing is real. There is no now, this precise moment doesn't exist, the present is a mirage. No self, no ego, no brains, no body, no soul, no spirit, no life, no death, no god, no enlightenment, no actualizing, no awakening, there is nothing to realize and there is no way to choose to even if it were real. Just delusional zombie meat monkey robots blindly pounding away on keyboards in maya urging each other to wake up from a dream that isn't really happening.

Only awareness of nothing but even that is misperception.

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

Of course, it is all an illusion, nothing is real. There is no now, this precise moment doesn't exist, the present is a mirage. No self, no ego, no brains, no body, no soul, no spirit, no life, no death, no god, no enlightenment, no actualizing, no awakening, there is nothing to realize and there is no way to choose to even if it were real. Just delusional zombie meat monkey robots blindly pounding away on keyboards in maya urging each other to wake up from a dream that isn't really happening.

Only awareness of nothing but even that is misperception.

bulls-eye. you've gone all the way to nothingness, all the way to the the one and only truth that there is, and there is nothing more to say about it. it is no one but you to say that you have reached the nothingness.

Edited by Patang

48 minutes ago, SOUL said:

.Just delusional zombie meat monkey robots blindly pounding away on keyboards in maya urging each other to wake up from a dream that isn't really happening.

giphy.gif

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

@Nahm hahaha... i've been had, well done!!! you naughty one, THIS is FUN !!! ???

Edited by Patang

@Nahm mmmm... nothing?

this is a live showcase of how is it to be a no-self being. no-self being can have fun full of joy, just from the fact that he has been had.

Edited by Patang

I can never seem to get traction on this "no free will" thing. Take Donald Trump for instance, he wanted to be president of the US for years. The chances of that happening were super slim. He couldn't even get the majority of votes and he is a total political outsider. But somehow he is president of the US now. Elon Musk wanted to put rockets into space someday. He is doing exactly that now. If you want to play an instrument, take lessons and learn to play an instrument. No free will? I don't get it. To me I seems as if this dream reality can manipulate itself through any intention it puts forth. That reality is Thought= Form. I thought of building a house. I learned how to build a house. Now a house stands where no house stood before. How is this?

@cetus56 its no accident

Q: What is love and truth? How do I decide to continue a relationship or not? 

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar: There is a strange relationship between love and truth? If there is a competition between love and truth, it is the love that will win. It is the fear of losing love that makes someone tell lies to the most loved ones. They are afraid of losing their love if they tell the truth. So which is powerful? Love is powerful. And it should be that way. What is love? If you have not known, there is no way you will know. Even a single creature on this planet cannot say that it doesn’t know love. Because that is our second experience. Our first experience was pain. The first nine months were easy, we were fed for 9 months in a comfortable warm environment. Then suddenly you have to come through a narrow passage which was so painful, with your head getting stuck. It was very painful experience. They cry because of this pain. A baby makes so many funny gestures and faces the first few days, because they did such a great job of getting out like moving a mountain. After the pain, they look into the mother’s face and catch the love of the mother. They realize that they are love, and know that there is nothing but love. By the age of three they start to forget. That is when the intellect starts to form, asking 101 questions. They keep asking questions. Half the time they don’t even listen to the answers. So what is truth? This is the most mature question. You can know love but you cannot tell the truth. Truth is that which is unaffected by time. With this definition, all that you see is not truth, isn’t it? This building is not the truth. It didn’t exist in the past and it may not exit in the future. Same for the body. It was not there in the past and will not be there in future. Everything that is changing is not true. That which is true is not affected by time. Truth is that that existed, that exists and that will exist. The spirit of inquiry into what is that which is not affected by time, leads you to one substance that doesn’t change at all. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

44 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@cetus56 its no accident

@Nahm @Patang I get it now. Everything is already destine to happen. Are you saying our fate is sealed?:o:)