Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Maynor

The Ego Is A Theory To Keep Us Wise

8 posts in this topic

I’ve been studying philosophy heavily lately, so I’ve been examining a lot of ideas that have converged to form our collective mentality regarding beliefs.  And in the West, especially after Science got going, there’s been a real bent towards pragmatism, skepticism, and weighing of facts and arguments prior to belief, all of which is an advance in the collective mentality regarding belief in my opinion.

And knowing that reduction of ignorance is the key to Enlightenment, it’s so important that we remove all vestiges of unsavory clinging from reality — to the extent reality does this for you.  We all realize the benefits of this.  We have a couple of cliches — awareness alone is curative and acceptance of reality alone is curative — that get at this.

My point is that the theory of Ego encapsulates all of this wisdom, and then drills it down as a highly practical understanding which goes beyond the abstractions of thoughts.  This allows us to have wise awareness, which miraculously cleans up reality for us, whether there’s a possibility of control, or whether we’re just watching a story play itself out.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

you can't reach awareness with thoughts. stop mental masturbation

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

@Joseph Maynor lol, Joseph, I love you! Your thread is legit. 

But if you start a thread with "’I've been studying philosophy heavily lately"...

...you realise that all members of Actualized.org reads "’I've been doing mental masturbation heavily lately" 

You are so clueless sometimes. ;) 

But you have so many good traits, you're intelligent, with good work ethics and integrity.  

That's why we, at least I, love you. Your a complex character among all normies. 

:) 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Joseph in a year or two

24nl0o.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

You guys can just let the thread die if you don't agree with what he says, rather than passive aggressively/ openly make fun of- doesn't sound like very "enlightened" responses to me...although im sure that due to joseph's lack of identifying with his ego, he won't take any of it personally, right?

2 hours ago, Shin said:

Joseph in a year or two

you are wrong, this is joseph two years later

maxresdefault.jpg

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

33 minutes ago, starsofclay said:

You guys can just let the thread die if you don't agree with what he says, rather than passive aggressively/ openly make fun of- doesn't sound like very "enlightened" responses to me...although im sure that due to joseph's lack of identifying with his ego, he won't take any of it personally, right?

Lol I love Joseph, he knows I'm having fun.

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori