egoless

Why I think almost every business is contributing

6 posts in this topic

So basically I am investigating the issues connected with unconscious marketing. Remember Leo's video "the deep problem with marketing"? Do you also think that criticizing Mcdonalds for example is connected with consciousness? I don't think so and let me explain why. So basically if you know or at least have glimpsed the non dual nature of existence you would know that ultimately there is nothing to criticize. However, of course we can not escape the illusion and hence we need to address everything accordingly. Every legal business has to pay taxes and contribute to the local and maybe even global economy. Businesses and corporations create the employment, infrastructure, entertainment or many other useful stuff. Economies and systems are not ultimately the bad both are necessities. We cannot function and advance without systems, corporations and businesses. All these are part of the game called life. Sure you can criticize Mcdonalds for not creating the healthiest food but that is also part of the game. I am not trying to defend Mcdonalds and neither do I love their products. We just need to adopt more yellow and turquoise type of thinking and not get stuck in the green stage. Sure it would be much better if we had more healthy fast food restaurants but at the end of the day there is demand for any kind of product. Maybe somebody is willing to trade a bit of health risk for the cheaper price and taste? 

Is criticizing 9-5 jobs and corporations really a conscious thing to do? After all our whole civilization is built upon those systems and our technological and scientific advancement is happening through them. After all maybe life is just a dream and a game. So what is wrong with those systems if they enable humanity to develop more rapidly and efficiently? Contemplate how our advancement would slow down if there were no more large corporations and strong economies and if everyone just became "healthy" entrepreneurs... 

Edited by egoless

@egoless If I’m hearin ya right, I agree with you. I do think it would be a little more decent if they had more consideration for animals and used fake meats, and if they didn’t use a clown to entice kids to tells their parents they want a happy meal, which comes with a toy for the same reason, and some of their stores have playscapes in them too, for the same reason, and they named them the Golden Arches based on psychology, and if they considered health when choosing the ingredients that’d be nice, no trans fats, etc.

All that though, to me, in on the corporation - the marketing. But workers who take pride in their work are the same in my book no matter what the work is. A lot of people with mental and or physical challenges that could be milking the system are instead working at many fast food locations, taking pride in working, and deserve the same respect as the rest of us.

I hear you on the “healthy” factor, but their psychological game is 100 psychologists strong. 

The bigger picture though, in this, is, nothing actually exists beyond our immediate awareness, even in the maya, let alone the reality. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

The bigger picture though, in this, is, nothing actually exists beyond our immediate awareness, even in the maya, let alone the reality. 

You know that I have worked on that a lot. And my current viewpoint is that it also exists. The fact that this is a substanceless dream does not change a lot other than realizing that there is no death - in other words there can’t be the experience of no experience. Ultimately this is why we are all here :) ultimately that’s why there can not be experience of void, blackness, non existence... We are eternal my friend. 

Edited by egoless

20 hours ago, egoless said:

Contemplate how our advancement would slow down if there were no more large corporations and strong economies and if everyone just became "healthy" entrepreneurs... 

it would still be strong. Healthy is not apathy nor equality. 

Consider the body. It is healthy. Nothing in the body is equal to anything else. nothing is greedy or toxic either, only the immune system is anything like that at all, The immune system is really the only major organ or system that can actively destroy the body if things go wrong. If the body is sick, it is due to infection or failure, not aggressive consumption where one or multiple organs devour the other for its own whim. 

Corruption has been necessary to drive the market in the past, because there were no large organizations capable of destroying corruption. so corrupt marketting methods have been what wins. But Now we begin to see businesses that are rampant and booming which seek healthful distribution. It'll take time for them to overwhelm the corrupt businesses. It ain't going to happen overnight, but as long as humanity doesn't devolve to war or meet unrecoverable famine, we should reach a future where corrupt businesses are the past. I give it 100 years. but I might be ambitious in that estimate. or, we could go lucky. or, things could just go completely wrong and we face apocalypse. 

But no,  we can function and advance without systems, corporations and businesses.

20 hours ago, egoless said:

Do you also think that criticizing Mcdonalds for example is connected with consciousness?

Is criticizing 9-5 jobs and corporations really a conscious thing to do? 

maybe / maybe not. nothing is inherently evil. There are a lot of nuances to why nothing is inherently good nor evil. What does McDonalds do but provide food for people to eat and jobs for people to build success in their life? envy and greed is the only reason such things come with suffering. Because they are abused I mean. Envy and greed are both personalities, and exist with purpose that can be useful. but when abused they become toxic forces. 

Imagine where the world would be if McDonalds never came into be? Now imagine where the world can go by slowly finding some better method than McDonalds to do the same things, but with a healthier balance of needs for the social world. 

The bottom line is we're facing tremendous population growth right now, and things that were sutainable before will fail to be so in the future. Humanity is in an age where they're forced to transcend to the next level of cultural existence, or collapse with apocalyptic failure. And they are simultaneously in an age where such growth is possible, empowered by interconnectivity that creates the power of visibility. As well as a long history of technologic and scientific advancement. 

If you want to be a part of that, find some niche where you can impact either a few people in dramatic ways, or many people in a small way. And help to contribute to the booming change that is to come, in a way that helps find health.

And be careful - "higher consciousness" and "enlightenment" are not the only factors of a healthy dynamic. IF you treat them like the holy grail, you just become a religious extremist with dogma. They are not the only truths to the world, and you ain't going to find those truths looking inward - you will need to see the duality of the world if you wish to help it become healthy. And you will need to look outward, to learn from others and help them get what they want and need for their own sake, not warp what they want and need for your sake. That is awareness, is it not?

2 hours ago, alyra said:

But no,  we can function and advance without systems, corporations and businesses.

Function? Yes. Like in prehistoric eras. Advance and be efficient? Not likely... See maybe you don’t have background in business and economics but I know how those systems work. Competition is necessary for development and adVancement. It is also necessary for becoming efficient and more productive. 

In other case you are talking about perfectionism where everyone becomes fully aware and conscious of existence which not gonna happen anytime soon and I doubt it will happen. The nature of existence is diversity and I doubt that everyone would adopt same perspective....

2 hours ago, alyra said:

If you want to be a part of that, find some niche where you can impact either a few people in dramatic ways, or many people in a small way. And help to contribute to the booming change that is to come, in a way that helps find health.

You are making conditioning. It is not right or wrong to contribute or not contribute. Everyone is contributing by experiencing and living. To what extent that’s another question. The purpose of this game and dream called life is to experience and explore... It is as general as that. However in what ways you want to explore and experience is totally up to you. But stop moralizing life. There are infinite numbers of perspectives and  your way of moralizing and contributing totally may differ from others. There is nothing wrong with mcdonalds if we are talking about the United nature of existence but if we are talking in human domain than sure they produce unhealthy food and it’s not really good for your health....

but once again when you start to understand the true nature of existence the new question arises : “what is the health really in the dream?” :) 

On 2/14/2018 at 11:32 AM, egoless said:

if we are talking in human domain than sure they produce unhealthy food and it’s not really good for your health....

I'm pretty sure eating is critical to the survival of the human domain. 

my point is simple. That growth requires a starting point, and a next step. Without mcdonalds, we had less. Mcdonalds is an effective way to provide food for a ton of people. Now that the population is booming, mcdonalds is booming evenmore, and this creates a situation where people rely too much on fast food and get fat. 

but all that is only describing the natural growth from "lack of ability to feed 7 billion" to "effective way to feed 7 billion" - trying to criticize how that has happened neglects the positive that it has happened at all! 

The next step is not to remove all "bad" ways of feeding millions - that would result in mass starvation and death and completely backtrack the growth. 

the next step is to improve the effectiveness of what already works. Or, perhaps replace bad habits with better ones. On the scale of a culture, rather than the scale of an individual human - replacing bad habits would be exactly what you call "competition" - or it could be "education" or perhaps "update to law that shifts supply". What if ther was a fast food chain that provided healthy food to people everywhere? 

A lot of people think that mcdonalds is bad because it is meat and fat and no nutrition. But that is not the full story. Mcdonalds is sugar, and lots of it - the increase in obesity historically correlated with the social rebellion against fat and the need for low-fat diet - which required the succeeding businesses to make their food tasty with sugars. 

Now we're at a point where the social scene is starting to realize sugar is dangerous too, and this could easily facilitate a change to fast food to make it healthier. It also could facilitate a change where fast food disappears as a new method of feeding millions surfaces. 

You say I am the one moralizing, yet you try to convince me that "if we are talking in human domain than sure they produce unhealthy food and it’s not really good for your health...." ? this is moralization just so you know. and anyway moralization is not bad, nor good. moralization happens. or it doesn't. you're over-complicating it really. you act as if I don't know what you're concerned with but instead I'm not concerned with what I notice you stating, and trying (poorly) to share what I've learned.