Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BjarkeT

how to figure outs whats true vs its something you want to be true

1 post in this topic

I think it can be a big trap to be convinced something that isn't true is actually true for example there is people who in the old days that believed gravity wasn't what we know it is today, for example, some people believed that if you dropped two things at the same time no matter where and people would get into trouble if they thought otherwise they wouldn't hit the ground at the same speed even if they had diffren't weighs but if you put them in a vacuum it turns out they actually do hit the ground(for example if its a feather and a heavy ball) at the same time some people have done that experiment both on earth and on the moon and it seems to be true both places if done in a vacume (you can probably find a video that explaines it better than I can)

how would you figure out something is true vs it just its something you want to be true? I think one of the dangers of believing something is true when its actually not is psychological consciences, for example, in the example above if you disagreed with them you could have gotten into trouble but if both knew what was actually true and not just what they wanted to be true it could have been avoided its likely it also could set you down the wrong path an extreme example would be if you believed you could fly because you thought it was true and actually tried to do it the consequences could be bad(tried to fly like superman)

if i remember correctly it was also one of the four things scott m peck thought was important 

Edited by BjarkeT