bigzbigi

why depression could be mechanical disease in a sense

15 posts in this topic

Depression could be  consequence of mechanics as crazy as it sounds. Depression is when fascia(responsible for coordinating posture and proprioception sense) do not fit the body well. Just like Parkinson's. So the organism does not feel like one piece and like it should feel. The mind does not know what happends in terms of words and concepts so there are sad thoughts which are just missed rationalizations. Chemical imbalances are consequences of mechanical problem. And the mechanical problem comes from the fact that movement (muscles and fascia) is governed by signals from two different parts in the brain (unconscious - cerebellum based and conscious which are limited by thinking and society rules) So basically depression and neurological diseases come from asymmetry of movement coming from using language.

Yeah, things like yoga and exercise are notorious for assisting with depression.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

This might very well be possible. And it would mean that anyone can get out of depression by taking the right care of their mind and body. SURPRISE!

Just don't live in a country where winter is a thing.

Just don't ...

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

4 hours ago, Shin said:

Just don't live in a country where winter is a thing.

Just don't ...

Actually cold is a good thing for turning attention back to body from useless thoughts. Just like fasting, hot, excercises, pranayama, meditation and so on

@Shin Maybe you are just trying to make the winter responsible ? ;) I've been struggling with depression for years, but I've always found the winter the most beautiful even though I also see a tendency towards depression during winter for many. I guess it's actually been proven ^^

I don't know, if there would be more snow and ice, then it would be perfect. The cold, the darkness, the white it all has such calming and peaceful qualities. When I had a bad day as a kid and there was snow, I've used to let me fall into the snow and watch the sky and all the problems disappeared.

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

Yeah probably an excuse, but it doesn't help either.

When it's not winter, I just walk all day, but in winter it's like I'm crippled.

God is love

And God in them

1 hour ago, Shin said:

When it's not winter, I just walk all day, but in winter it's like I'm crippled.

Why can't you walk all day in winter?

Just now, HII said:

Why can't you walk all day in winter?

I'm not very resistant to cold, I would get sick pretty quickly.

God is love

And God in them

No. The root cause of depression is the attention on the head, mainly staying in the head (literally). This will create unnatural imbalances in the body, because of the ideas that will translate into eye,ear,nose,jaw strain etc. 

Blessings

3 hours ago, Shin said:

I'm not very resistant to cold, I would get sick pretty quickly.

xD Have you tried to change that? What happens if you dress warm enough? You're not a frog, you're a human being :)

2 minutes ago, HII said:

xD Have you tried to change that? What happens if you dress warm enough? You're not a frog, you're a human being :)

I was just lying to myself, I just walked for 1 hour and I could have done way more.

God is love

And God in them

On 14.02.2018 at 2:29 PM, Quanty said:

No. The root cause of depression is the attention on the head, mainly staying in the head (literally). This will create unnatural imbalances in the body, because of the ideas that will translate into eye,ear,nose,jaw strain etc. 

Blessings

it is a loop. Mind infuences body, body influences mind.

I would say depression is a mechanical disorder. The mechanical aspect of the body could contribute to this sure. But the fact that thought in its very nature is mechanical I think leads to depression, anxiety, sorrow, and so on. Arising from fear given continuity by pleasure thought seems to be the root cause of all psychological problems. I would say the main problem about thought is that it doesn’t even know when it is in movement. This is why thought/the self must be explored and understood very deeply. To learn the nature, structure, and it’s processes are a necessity to identify when thought is in movement. To grasp and see this movement is to comprehend the whole of ourselves. 

So can proprioception of thought by attention and perception act in bringing about psychological change?? 

This question could bring about a dramatic change for humans beings. 

Edited by Faceless